Position: RN – Stress Testing/Cardiac Rehab
Department: Cardiac Services
Reports to: Director of Cardiac Rehab
Provides direct patient care to adolescent through geriatric patient population in the cardiac rehabilitation and stress testing departments. Monitors the patient during exercise protocols for the detection of cardiac and pulmonary abnormalities. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient's clinical condition including laboratory tests, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments and participates in performance improvement and QI activities.
1. Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on adolescent through geriatric
patients and re-assessments as per policy.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the
life span and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient
population served. Able to interpret data in order to identify age specific needs.
3. Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age/weight
of the patient and their clinical condition. Follows the medication rights and
reduce the potential for medication errors.
4. Assesses and reassesses pain management techniques, educates the patient and family regarding pain management and documents the results of pain management.
5. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and
addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients
and their families. Functions as a liaison between administration, patients,
physicians and other health care providers.
6. Formulates an individualized plan of care. Develops an interdisciplinary
education plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness
of learning. Family is included in teaching as appropriate.
7. Adheres to all hospital and department specific policies. Performs
all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and
reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
8. Is professional at all times, maintains good working relationships with all
departments and physicians, and staff members. Maintains a clean and neat
appearance, wears nametag at all times.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and
treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol. Demonstrates extensive
knowledge of cardiac stress tests: treadmill, chemical and nuclear stress test.
10. Attends 50% of staff meetings, all mandatory in services and all annual job
Valid RN license within the State of Ohio; current in BLS/ACLS/PALS certification
Completion of annual employee requirements
Essential functions that are occasionally required are standing, sitting, stooping, reaching and lifting. Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination. Able to interact, comprehend, speak, hear, see, stand, walk and work under different conditions. Some lifting may be required (approximately 50 lbs.).