Part-time | Contract7 days ago
Full Job Description
Zion Learning provides quality online tutoring to students nationwide! The organization was created to cultivate a new confidence in students through academic excellence. There is a tendency for others to discredit the brilliance of a student when it takes longer for them to master a topic. With Zion Learning, students create lasting relationships with their tutor that helps affirm that they have someone who wants them to succeed in education and in life. Students are required to keep asking questions until they get what they need and to never give up, because their tutor will never give up on them!
Tutors are important assets to a student's education and the job is one to be taken very seriously. Unlike other tutoring organizations, Zion Learning makes sure that students are not only helped with increasing their grades, but they are also mentored into understanding their limitless learning potential. Gaining a student's trust is of most importance and that trust is earned by sincerely caring for a student's well-being. If you do not have a passion for education, we will unfortunately ask you to decline from applying. Our students deserve quality tutors who have a love for educating and love for our youth!
Essential Duties and Responsibility
- Provide online tutoring to 1st-12th grade students
- Develop appropriate and healthy relationships with students
- Assess students' academic strengths and weaknesses, and help students set goals for improvement
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding overall student progress.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Uphold Zion Learning's code of conduct and standards of business.
- Bachelor's Degree or be currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year college or 2nd-year student at a junior college
- Strong knowledge of K-12 learning concepts
- 2 years of past tutoring or youth education-based experience (past teaching experience is a plus)
- Experience mentoring, tutoring and/or teaching students of color and underrepresented communities
- Must be proficient in navigating computer-based resources and/or able to learn new platforms quickly
- Ability to work one-on-one with students over technology platforms
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background check and fingerprinting
- Must be a quick learner/adaptable to new technology
- Must be able to work a minimum of 6 months
- Ability to be proactive in all situations
- Great communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Upbeat personality
- Consistent positive attitude
- Desire to be a role model for young students
- Professional at all times
Thank you for considering Zion Learning for your next job!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $22.00 per hour
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- tutoring: 1 year (Required)
- Do you reside in California?