This is a rare opportunity for you to join the best team in the southwest! Are you a talented General Manager who is seeking to expand your already established hospitality skills by working alongside an award-winning culinary team and the best FOH staff in the southwest? Are you looking for your next chapter to be in a diverse, active, healthy, artistically dynamic top travel destination? Are you starving for a healthy work-life balance? Then the Compound Restaurant is the right place for you!
The Compound is an award-winning cornerstone of the culinary landscape in the Southwest for the last 22 years. Celebrated James Beard award-winning Best Chef of the Southwest, Mark Kiffin is seeking a General Manager to become the next leading force in the hospitality industry in Santa Fe. The General Manager will lead the on-site service operation and will be responsible for ensuring guests have an exceptional experience, delighted by the quality, creativity, and ambiance that the Compound Restaurant is known for.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of service, encompassing operational duties, and providing leadership and management of FOH staff while growing and developing close community connections with guests. The General Manager must be a team player with high motivational skills who will be responsible for overseeing the well-established and tight-knit service team. The successful candidate needs to be a team player who is also able to work independently without supervision; be well presented, outgoing, confident, positive, focused, mature, reliable, attentive, and accountable. In-depth knowledge about Food & Beverage in addition to superior customer relations and excellent communication skills is a must. This is a Full-Time General Manager position offering excellent Work/Life Balance, Sundays, and Mondays off, with an elevated competitive salary plus benefits. This role is the hospitality face of the Compound Restaurant in the community and promotes community connections as the ambassador of the restaurant.
We are interested in who you are and why you’d like to join our close nit family. Please include a brief introduction about yourself along with your resume and we will follow up with qualified candidates directly. Come be a part of the best culinary team in Santa Fe!
- A minimum of 3 years experience working as a General manager or 5 years as Head Waiter/ess
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and ability to understand and respond to individual guests' needs and requirements
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and drink – wine and cocktail knowledge is essential
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Aloha POS System
- Knowledge of MS Office and Computer Reporting
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Able to organize time effectively, forward plan, and prioritize tasks to ensure workload is balanced and urgent situations are dealt with immediately.
- Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing beverage, and service offerings, and initiating improvements.
- Oversee the flow of guests within the restaurant. Manage the reservations and shift team. Liaise between kitchen staff and floor staff. Develops and implements strategies to increase average meal checks.
- Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements. Maintain ambiance of restaurant – lighting, music, cleanliness, hygiene
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining management staff. Will also maintain all employee records ensuring they're correct and up to date while also providing pertinent information to the financial controller.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Completes restaurant financial sales reporting accurately and on time.
- Works as a direct team member with the financial controller to report all sales reporting, employee documentation, payroll documents, and anything else needed in the daily running of the restaurant
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Santa Fe, NM 87501: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Fine Dining General Management: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person