Physical & Work Requirements:
- Ensures mill bay has enough /all the raw material needed for the size currently running.
- Loads and unloads slitter in a timely manner, keeping up with operations.
- Assists slitter crew during changeover.
- Maintains and sorts coil inventory in an organized manner.
- Separates heat numbers together within permitted bay area. Inspects coils for defects.
- Assists the coil yard attendant with unloading coils from drive, off rolling equipment or rail for upcoming rollings.
- Empties scrap bins into dumpster as asked or needed.
- Attends scrap trucks when dumpsters are replaced.
- Knowledge of proper use of chains and slings for weight being lifted.
- Performs daily inspection of crane, chains, slings, etc. for defects.
- Maintains a clean and organized work, truck drive and desk area.
- Must have successfully completed OJT & JSA training.
- Ability to cross-train others for the position and be cross-trained elsewhere as needed.
- Complies with EXLTUBE policies and OSHA guidelines affecting machine operations, such as; but not limited to: Lock Out ~ Tag Out.
- Attends all scheduled company & safety meetings.
- Follows and enforces company safety policies and safe work practices at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation with other employees and supervisors.
- Submits detailed and accurate work orders for any equipment issues as they occur, which cannot be addressed by operator and/or other team members.
Preferred Background, Competencies & Expertise:
- Position requires excessive walking.
- PPE = Personal Protective Equipment required in all positions. Use of other hand tools and equipment may also be required.
- Warehouse environment, uncontrolled climate year round.
- Dusty and noisy work environment within OSHA guidelines.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Must have sufficient reading and writing abilities to perform essential duties.
- Good verbal and written communication is a plus.
- Ability to read, interpret and use micrometers.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Safety Orientation
- Spatial Ability
- Achievement Orientation
- Thoroughness / Detail Orientation
- High school diploma or G.E.D