As a customer service agent, you are the first impression of a passenger's airport experience. Customer Service positions encompass checking in and ticketing passengers, escorting passengers to and from aircraft, and resolving customer complaints. Proficient use of a computer is needed as well as EXCELLENT customer assistance to passengers. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment with time constraints to meet published departure goals. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee.
- Able to greet and assist all customers in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner over the phone and in person.
- Must be able to announce both incoming and outbound flights.
- Handle credit cards, and personal check transactions with accuracy and properly account for all collections and conduct the appropriate airline closeout procedures.
- Accept and process checked baggage weighing up to 100 lbs. and placed on conveyor belts.
- Agents are also required to operate jetways to place them in position prior to aircraft arrival and lifting, opening, closing, and securing aircraft doors.
- Use airline computer systems to provide flight arrival and departure information, ticketing and flight boarding documents, lost or damaged baggage documentation, and cargo tracking information.
- Able to stand and work in one location for up to four hours at a time.
- You may be responsible for escorting unaccompanied minors and disabled passengers throughout the airport.
- Work independently without direct supervision.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $19.50 to $29.50 /hour