Regional Account Sales Manager – Powervar Mid-Atlantic
The Mi-Atlantic Territory will cover MI, IN, OH, IL, KY, WV, VA, MD, DE.
The candidate should ideally live in any of these states, but preferably near a large Metro area such as Baltimore, Washington D.C., Northern VA (DC/MD/NOVA), Cleveland, Columbus, or Detroit.
The ideal candidate should possess sales skills to include an intense desire to prospect new business opportunities, as well as growth within existing accounts.
Must be a skilled negotiator and excited by the opportunity to aggressively pursue new business opportunities.
Must process a high sense of urgency with excellent organization, communication, and written skills with attention to detail and accuracy. Problem solving, excellent judgment, confidentiality, and managing multiple projects with a "can do" attitude are key strengths that will ensure success in this high-profile Regional Account Sales position.
- Responsible for sales of products and services to regional accounts within the territory as well as regional locations of accounts that have Headquarters in other geographic locations (in collaboration with the National Account Managers)
- Must be willing to work in collaboration with the National Account Managers to expand business opportunities in our “Top 50” National and International Accounts.
- Must be willing to work independently to all grow business outside of the “Top 50” within their geographic assignment.
- Conduct face to face and web-based meetings as needed to grow sales in these accounts.
- Responsible for mapping accounts in collaboration with National Account Managers to maintain key contacts within departments ie; Executive Groups, Finance Group, Sales Group, Marketing Group, Service Group, etc.
- Participates in developing marketing strategy and tactical plans in support of achieving business plan objectives. Provides sales information to management team in addition to analysis and marketing/training assessment needs.
- Maintains customer database (Salesforce) and delegate time accordingly to ensure monthly objectives are met.
- Coordinate engineering efforts when AMETEK Powervar products are required on new systems.
- Work with National Account Managers and management team to define and execute future plans for shared National Accounts. Includes understanding account annual sales projections and new product development plans.
- Work with internal departments to ensure all accounts in your assignment are in good standing.
- Attend National Account trade shows to support sales/engineering teams.
- Travel is expected to be 50-75%.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5-7 years of sales experience. Medical instrument industry experience is plus, but not required. Other “technology sales” experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong sales skills including methodologies such as “Challenger Sales”, “SPIN selling” and other well known sales disciplines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Salesforce knowledge preferred.
- Organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a fast-paced environment.