The City of Fort Worth Water Department has an Assistant Water Systems Superintendent job available in our Water Support/Field Operations Division. You will be responsible for the management of Utility Cuts and Utility Locates sections.
Assistant Water Systems Superintendent job duties include the following:
- Supervise and coordinate assigned activities, personnel and operations related to specific sections of Field Operations.
- Develop and implement annual sectional budget.
- Coordinate activities with other divisions, departments, outside agencies and contractors.
- Provide highly responsible administrative support to other Water Systems Superintendent and other management personnel.
Minimum job requirements include:
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or a related field.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience in municipal water distribution systems, of which at least two of the years working in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Possession of a Water “C” Distribution license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, with acquisition of a Class B TCEQ license required within 12 months of hire.
- Ability to work varying hours based on business needs.
Preferred experience includes:
- Possession of a Class B TCEQ Water Distribution License.
- Experience working with a large utility.
- Knowledge and experience in water quality techniques.
- Experience in street cut repairs and street restorations.
- Three or more years working in supervisory capacity.