This position is eligible for a $7,500 sign on bonus with one year of experience
We are seeking a Sterile Processing Tech. Our Surgical Service and Central Sterile teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. You will be responsible for the proper decontamination, processing, sterilization and distribution of instruments, supplies and equipment to the OR and other areas of the hospital. We are a tight knit team that realizes the importance of patient safety and how we in SPD affect safety. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity
- You will prepare operating room case carts, sterile trays, and supplies for all areas of the hospital.
- You will clean, assemble, wrap and sterilize reusable surgical instruments and supplies according to the procedures scheduled.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate sterilization records for all machine tests as well as a monthly report.
- You will operate Ultrasonic, Steam, Steris and Sterrad equipment.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of sterilization supplies, equipment and instruments.
- Previous experience 1-2 years strongly preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
HCA Florida Englewood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!