ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: under supervision of VP of Project Management and Engineering the responsibilities include the following:
Coordinates Pre-construction and Construction phase activities.
- Confers with PM to develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals & plans including compliance building codes.
- Recommends project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases & elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards to preparing cost estimates.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plans and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project database by entering & backing up data, maintaining RFI, COR and Submittal Logs.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Compile & assemble closeout packages.
- Attend office staff meetings for status and development on A/R reports, new jobs, big picture items and more.
- Attend job walks with assigned PM or General Superintendent
- There will be other duties assigned as operational need arises
3. Administrative task JD – Project Engineer 2
- Contact set up in coordination with the CA office; including sub-contractor insurance certifications and workers compensation.
- Complete exhibit C for all sub contracts.
- Contacting subcontractors for unconditional progress releases.
- Contract close out; including getting all documents ready for CA signing and mail out.
- Chase the UF with communication from Savannah.
- Answer daily office phone calls.
- Order office supplies as need, sort and mail office invoices to CA office.
- Contact Subcontractors when certification are outdated and attempt outdated certifications for Subcontractors.
- Keep records of all state and city business licenses used by TX on the cloud and up to date with current expiration.
- Handle TX IT issues.
- Plan and book travel for TX office.
- Complete reimbursement forms for all TX employees.
- Collect TX timecards weekly on Friday and submit to CA office.
- Results Driven.
- Team Player.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree in engineering or construction management (preferred).
- Three – Five years experience in the construction industry would be desirable.
- Proficient computer skills in applications such as MS Office; Project and Bluebeam preferred.
- Effective prioritization skills.
- Requires high levels of detail orientation in the review building plans.
- Must be willing to take the initiative at all times.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Alta cultural beliefs to drive our 4 key results:
1. Own it- I am accountable for, own, drive and achieve key results.
2. Trust Matters- I act in a manner that cultivates trust.
3. Committed- I am consistent, give 100% and jump in to help others.
4. Respect- I speak and treat others the way I’d like to be spoken to and treated.
5. Open & Honest- I speak my mind, I ask hard questions, and am receptive to feedback.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Project Management: 2 years