JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Benefits Specialist Supervisor the Patient Service Specialist will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the department. These responsibilities include being involved with the ADAP program, generate reports, data entry, payment entry, and patient account reconciliation with all accepted billing practices.
- Conduct financial screening for all new and existing clients of the ADAP program according to the guidelines set by the state office drug assistance;
- Assess patients eligibility for private and/or public insurance coverage and share of cost information;
- Provide information to clients via telephone or in person regarding ADAP program and offer assistance to clients regarding concerns they may have regarding the program;
- Generate reports / invoices based on information collected from patients and insurance provider;
- Review all client medical records for full documentation and review of delivery of services;
- Take part in clinic data collection procedures and in the development of new strategies for the handling of data, particularly as it relates to billing information including collect and input data on a daily basis to keep current and accurate all medical, social service and operational information on the clinic database along with maintaining the database, including a weekly backup;
- Prepare daily, biweekly and monthly reports on generated and collected fees including generating daily service recap reports and reconcile them with client service tickets;
- In adherence with cash handling policies and procedures, secure generated cash revenue daily;
- Maintain the records for ADAP program in a manner which is consistent with the audit guidelines;
- Interact with service providers to ensure accurate completion of daily service delivery tickets and superbill forms;
- Interface with the pharmacy staff regarding ADAP drug issues and transactions;
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with the LGBT community and familiarity with issues of particular relevance to LGBT people;
- Have a passion for the Center’s work and its mission to make the world a better place for LGBT people.
- 3-5 years experience in finance, economics, accounting or related field (education in finance, economics, accounting or related field may be substituted for experience);
- At least one year experience in working in an outpatient clinical setting;
- General working knowledge of HIV care/service providers and organizations;
- Computer skills and knowledge including word processing, database operations, spreadsheets and accounting software;
- Basic knowledge regarding public benefits programs (Medi-Cal, SSI, etc.);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingual a plus (English/Spanish preferred);
- Ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, English-speaking abilities, immigration statues, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment;
Department: Health & Mental Health Services
Reports to: Benefits Specialist Supervisor
Status: 100%, Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Union
Probation: 90 days
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance; also including Long Term Disability, an Employee Assistance Program, and a 403B retirement plan
Please email cover letter and resume as an attachment
The Los Angeles LGBT Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- finance, economics, accounting or related field: 3 years
- working in an outpatient clinical setting: 1 year
- HIV care/service providers and organizations: 1 year