The primary purpose of the Research Investigator position is to plan, organize, coordinate and participate in scientific research projects under the direction of a professional staff member. Function in a separate and independent manner in the design and initiation of research experiments. Design, develop, or adapt equipment used in experiments or research to obtain desired results.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Research Projects Assist principal investigator with experimental cancer therapy research projects including development of novel therapeutic approaches for cancers, preclinical evaluation of anticancer agents in vitro and in vivo, identification predictive biomarkers associated with treatment responses and characterization of mechanisms of treatment responses
Development of novel therapeutic approaches for cancers
- Establish in vitro cell cultures from primary tumors and cancer models
- Performing in vitro tests on drug sensitivity and combination therapy in cultured cells.
- Perform mechanistic characterization and biomarkers of treatment responses.
Preclinical evaluation of anticancer agents
- Establishing and maintaining clinically relevant tumor models, such as PDXs
- Performing in vivo studies, including drug activity and toxicity studies.
- Developing in vivo resistant models, and performing mechanistic study
Biomarker and mechanistic characterization
- Performing data analysis and statistical analysis to identify candidate molecules
- Design and perform experiment to determine causal relationships
Record Keeping and Progress Consultation Record keeping and data maintenance to meet supervisor, department / institute directives. Records experimental data by manually writing in a notebook or enter into a computer database. Collects and accurately calculate experimental data under the guidance of supervisor. Prepares graphs and charts by using computer. Maintains database for PDXs and cell lines. Import datasets to other departmental and institutional databases.
General Lab Duties Assists with general lab functions as directed by research lab supervisor.
1. Assists with department tissue culture dream team duty
2. Coordinates the ordering of laboratory supplies
3. Participate in equipment validation & environmental monitoring of clinical trial
4. Coordinates supply redistribution and storage.
5. Coordinates the maintenance of departmental liquid nitrogen and freezers
6. Participates in an "as needed basis" on projects assigned by research lab supervisor.
Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
US Dollar (USD) 46,000
US Dollar (USD) 57,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 69,000