KST Data is one of the largest Value Added Computer Resellers in the California computer industry. We provide full-service, nationwide IT solutions to some of the largest organizations in the world.
For over 25 years, KST Data has partnered with our clients to drive operational efficiency and reduce the total cost of ownership of technology assets. KST creates value for our clients with experienced, dedicated team members, staying ahead of advanced technology trends and cycles and delivering complete customer satisfaction.
KST Data has an immediate need for a Database Developer located in Southern California. As Database Developer, you will design, develop and support business intelligence reports for KST and our clients.
Under the supervision of KST’s Technical Director, the Database Developer is responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of ad-hoc and recurring reports.
The Database Developer will participate in analyzing and clarifying report requirements, making recommendations, and educating when necessary to meet business reporting needs.
This position requires an individual with a proven capacity to develop enterprise data reports.
- Understand data requirements as requested by KST executives, account managers and our clients.
- Interact with report consumers and other stakeholders to develop and propose appropriate report solutions.
- Develop and modify various KST and customer reports using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access.
- Create ad hoc reports as required.
- Administer multiple company databases.
- Utilize SQL and Access to develop queries. Create processes to retrieve data from the key systems and various databases.
- Analyze and validate data for accuracy and consistency, working closely with the business users to make sure the data meets their expectations.
- Troubleshoot data and technical issues with processes and reports.
- Maintain documentation for processes and databases including technical documentation and end-user documentation.
- Meet deadlines and maintain standards of accuracy and customer service.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of professional database experience developing and administering reports using Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Programming/scripting experience and knowledge of data/system analysis
- Microsoft SharePoint experience (preferred)
- Ability to define systemic requirements for reports to ensure maintainability.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and tune complex stored procedures, queries, views, user-defined functions, cursors and common table expressions
- Experience diagnosing and resolving errors in complex reports
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Must be a proactive problem solver
- Excellent focus and attention to details
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Open to new ideas and approaches
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor at all times
A BA/BS in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred; however, an equivalent combination of applicable training and experience may be substituted for education requirement.
KST Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KST Data offers a competitive salary commensurate with background, as well as an excellent benefit program.
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL / Access: 2 years (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA (Preferred)