At COMHAR, it’s our mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and comm
unities to live healthier, self-determined lives.
COMHAR offers a range of behavioral health services for children and families. We know that early diagnosis and treatment are keys to successful recovery, and that children do better when they are not removed from home or school to receive services. Our Outpatient Behavioral Health Services is currently seeking TSS/STS (Therapeutic Staff Support/School Therapeutic staff) Worker who will work collaboratively with the family, the teachers and other school personnel to help develop the skills and techniques needed to integrate the child into normalizing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- TSS/STS will have specific interventions to assist the child in developing age-appropriate self-management skills
- TSS/STS will support to the teachers, parents and other adults responsible for supervising the child in the classroom or in the home/community settings
- TSS/STS will provide assistance to the teacher, parent or other adult in providing therapeutic structure
- TSS/STS will provide assistance in implementing a behavioral intervention plan for the child
- TSS/STS will provide assistance in implementing alternative activities to redirect challenging behaviors
- TSS/STS will provide assistance in promoting positive relationships with teachers, aides, families, siblings and peers
- TSS/STS will provide assistance to the family, teacher in insuring safety to the child and others
- TSS/STS will promote positive behavior within the family by having weekly contact with parent/guardians or as noted in the treatment plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice or similar Human Services field, with no previous work experience or Bachelor’s degree in any other field, with training and experience in crisis intervention and the equivalent of one year of experience in a CASSP system or
- Associate’s degree or 60 Credits toward a bachelor’s degree, or a Licensed Practical Nurse with three (3) years verified full-time paid work experience working in direct contact with children/adolescents
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.25 - $16.00 per hour
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply