BAE Systems C4ISRS and Electronic Combat Solutions in Wayne and Totowa, NJ are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer (Principal Engineer) familiar with Firmware design using VHDL and/or FPGA Verification. This position includes writing VHDL code for complex electronic systems used in the defense industry. The VHDL code includes control logic, digital signal processing (DSP) and embedded processing. The ideal candidate will have experience with writing VHDL code, familiarity with microprocessors, familiarity with basic digital hardware design, and familiarity with basic RF design. The ideal candidate will also have experience mentoring Junior FPGA engineers, delegating tasks, and leading small teams of engineers.
Responsibilities may include developing the verification environment;developing test plans and verifying the function of the FPGA. Hands-on implementation work for every aspect of FPGA verification, working closely with the systems and software groups, architects, RTL designers and verification teams developing the verification flow and methodology, test bench, and test cases, plus executing the test plan,working closely with the design team to ensure the highest design quality. Create, evaluate and enhance test plans to increase test coverage.
There are plenty of opportunities to grow in the career path of your choosing! Project Technical Lead, Cost Account Manager, Functional Manager, or Technical Subject Matter Expert could all be in your future!
The position requires a U.S. person with the ability to obtain a minimum of Secret Clearance.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Eligible to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Significant experience in FPGA Design / Development
- VHDL (preferred) or Verilog HDL coding
- Familiarity with Xilinx ISE/Vivado or Altera Quartus
- Digital simulation using Modelsim/Questa
- Familiarity with static timing analysis
- Strong debug and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and a good team player
- Ability to mentor and willingness to be mentored
- Experience and willingness for lab testing
Preferred Skills and Education
- Ability to distill higher level requirements into micro-architecture
- Familiarity with revision control (git, cvs, clearcase, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internal logic analyzer (ILA/chipscope/signaltap)
- Experience with DSP fundamentals and FPGA implementation
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience dealing with legacy designs
- Experience in leading a design team
- Experience in hardware design and hands-on lab debug
- Experience being a CAM (Cost Account Manager)
- Working understanding of Radar systems
- Experience with UVM/System Verilog
- Experience with generating scripts (Perl, Tcl, Python)
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with high speed ADC/DAC interface, SERDES, PCIe
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel.