Chamberlain Group is seeking a motivated and creative Cloud Infrastructure Architect to assist with the continued growth and innovation of our product portfolio. We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for creating an infrastructure technology roadmap, which will serve as the future vision and project pipeline for the infrastructure department. The Infrastructure Architect is forward thinking and technical enough to discuss, research, design and implement infrastructure technologies. Most importantly, he or she must have an understanding of cloud architecture and automation. The Infrastructure Architect is expected to do research as needed and understand the various areas of technology to help drive decisions forward. He or she must partner with other technology engineers and leads and discussion technology decisions with Software Engineering, Product Management and IT Security. Additionally, the Infrastructure Architect will ensure our technology decisions and designs scale with changing business needs and modern technology developments. This individual will have direct leadership over a small team of senior to middle level resources and is expected to lead through example while helping to develop solutions.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Ability to design and architect infrastructure environment & platform to solve current challenges, as well as creating future opportunities.
- Establish working relationships with business members, technical staff, and subject matter experts to help create and execute the infrastructure roadmap.
- Correspond with IT executives and stake holders to create and execute the infrastructure roadmap.
- Forward thinking on technology and innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on automating our infrastructure and technology solutions.
- Evolve PaaS implementations, working with vendor solutions and cloud services.
- Actively participate in monitoring, troubleshooting and RCA for security and infrastructure events.
- Consistently provide high quality work in a deadline driven environment.
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively.
- Provide leadership, assistance and technical guidance to the Infrastructure engineering team.
- Facilitate and manage discussions with IT Executives and Senior Engineers.
- Collaborate with security team on architecture design and tools.
- Provide governance of our Infrastructure as a service environment.
- Stay current on overall IT strategy, business goals, technology trends, updates, and releases.
- The individual in this position should have experience working in the financial industry.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Industry certifications preferred.
- 7+ years of infrastructure and operations experience in a technical role, including – but not limited to – design, implementation, disaster recovery, network security architecture and engineering.
- Cloud platform experience with Azure.
- Familiar or experience with Agile methodologies.
- Network architecture design and documentation.
- Experience with Windows networks and Active Directory
- Enjoys working in the technology field and has a good general understanding of how technology works in various areas.
- Good communication skills and highly self-motivated.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment, effectively and efficiently.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Master’s or MBA preferred
Strong analytical skills
Ability to work in a Matrix environment
Experience in a durable goods industry
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.