18-20339 - Process Improvement Specialist/Operational Excellence Project Manager
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is looking for a Process Improvement Specialistto join our US Research & Learning team in our Riverwoods, IL, Kennesaw, GA or Wichita, KS office locations.
Wolters Kluwer, Tax & Accounting North America (TaxNA.WoltersKluwer.com) has served tax, accounting and audit professionals, within the United States and Canada, since 1913. Our market-leading solutions include CCH® ProSystem fx®, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, CCH® iFirm, ATX™, TaxWise®, U.S. Master Tax Guide®, Taxprep and Cantax in Canada, and CCH® SureTax® and CCH® Sales Tax for businesses requiring sales and use tax compliance.
Today, the tax and accounting profession is changing and the regulatory landscape is becoming increasingly complex, making it harder to ensure accuracy and effectiveness for clients. As the pace of that change accelerates, the Research & Learning team continues to be at the forefront of advancement to ensure that tax and accounting professionals have real-time access to answers to complex questions about tax legislation, case law, tax rates and tax rules.
Wolters Kluwer, Tax and Accounting North America invites individuals who are passionate about helping to create the future of tax and accounting, to join our team. Our key office locations include Atlanta, GA, Riverwoods, IL, Dallas, TX, Wichita, KS, Torrance, CA and Toronto, CA.
In this position, you will assist with instilling a more in depth lean integration strategy of operational excellence to mold the Lean Six Sigma program and infrastructure already in place to meet business needs and support current structure as a mentor and coach at the site level. You will work with Continuous Improvement leadership, counterparts and business leaders to help uncover and prioritize process improvement opportunities including resource allocation to drive results at the site level and across the organization; manage project workflow, capacity management and change management. Your skills will be strong in training, mentoring and leading lean six sigma business unit support, process owners and teams in the Lean technique, with significant emphasis on Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen mentality to drive customer satisfaction and results. You will have a successful track record in managing stakeholder expectations and validating that completed projects and lean activity deliver the expected benefits/savings as well as portfolio management and auditing performance at the site level.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Executes on lean integration strategy at the site level to compliment and streamline current DMAIC project management approach, this includes Business Unit Process Value Stream Mapping and significant Kaizen activity for a transactional service environment
- Lead and support project teams to successfully execute multiple projects, utilizing various Lean Six Sigma techniques
- Support evolving process management and portfolio management at the site level.
- Partner with Process Owners and Sponsors to apply the Lean Six Sigma methodology to identify & implement improvements to assigned projects.
- Drive process as well as strategic Operational Excellence initiatives to produce higher customer satisfaction, cost reduction opportunities and free up capacity.
- Assure similar projects tied to further lean integration are executed consistently across various functions.
As a top candidate, you will have a successful history of influencing multiple levels within your business unit, as well as across the organization. You will be able to manage both tactical and strategic element seamlessly with a capability of managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field &
- Black Belt Certification
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- 2 + years leading Lean Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events at a site business unit level to uncover opportunities and drive results.
- 2 years in a process improvement setting.
- 2+ years in an Operations role/organization or Service Excellence Organization
(First list requirements, followed by preferences.)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodology.
- Experience in Software Development and/or with Order Management Systems such as Oracle or SAP, a plus.
- Good ability to work with and communicate objectives and solutions to others.
- Knowledgeable of and skilled in a variety of Lean Six Sigma concepts, practices, and procedures.(same as #2?)
- Experience with project management and estimation tools and processes.
Good at determining the processes necessary to get things accomplished; highly organized, multi-tasking, highly efficient with work flow, complex processes and deadlines; Ability to analyze and measure results.
- Can operate independently with minimal supervision and has a track record of delivering results
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Good leadership and communication skills to effectively lead and facilitate objectives and projects.
- Self-starter, able to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a high-level stress environment working with set time constraints.
- Proven success delivering business outcomes in a matrix organization environment.
- Skilled in negotiating, team building, and influencing others.
- Good verbal, listening, written, and organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism and tact.
30-40 percent travel required
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX:
WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2016 annual revenues of €4.3 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY).
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (495) 4771.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled