- 5+ years of experience directly related to mission critical facilities or data center infrastructure, Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 3+ years of commissioning experience
- Advanced knowledge Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook required; advanced knowledge of SharePoint (or similar) preferred
- Certification or training specific to NETA, ASHRAE, or Commissioning specific education courses
- 2+ years in a leadership role within a team
AWS is looking for a dynamic Commissioning Engineer. It is the responsibility of all Amazonians to have alignment with our leadership principles and demonstrate these at the highest level.
The responsibilities of the ACx Commissioning Engineer (CxE) include, but are not limited to, oversight and coordination of multi-discipline division of work related to design review and commissioning of Amazon critical infrastructure for new construction and special projects. The CxE is responsible for supporting vendors, contractors, and other teams involved in the construction and commissioning of various systems including medium and low voltage power systems, Generators, UPS, HVAC, Chilled Water, BMS, and EPMS systems. They shall provide multi-discipline input into the scheduling, test script development, designing, and planning of projects. In addition, the CxE will be required to develop and review electrical and mechanical component and integrated systems testing along with other commissioning documents to ensure they are compliant with the basis of design, specification, industry standards and sequence of operations. It is the CxE responsibility to ensure that all commissioning procedures follow the appropriate safety practices and policies. CxE is responsible for auditing commissioning activities continuously to ensure compliance with environmental, quality, and safety requirements. The CxE proactively communicates with the ACx Regional Manager and the ACx team to ensure that the applicable test documents are created and executed in accordance with all commissioning requirements. This individual will be responsible for comprehensive weekly reporting of status of all ongoing projects, lessons learned, and program improvements to continually improve the quality of our program. This position will include coverage of multiple inflight projects and aggressive timelines.
Walk job sites in uneven terrain
Work at heights and from ladders
Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more
Carry objects weighing up to 49 pounds for short distances
Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration with potential for night and weekends
Perform physical tasks throughout the day without becoming overly tired
Ability to manipulate small wires and objects easily
Work in a noisy environment
Work in environments that are colder or hotter than a normal office environment
Additional Job Requirements
- Ability to relocate to Northern Virginia / Greater DC area
- Ability and willingness to travel domestic and internationally for up to 25% of the year. Typical travel is 10%.
- Required to provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Strong communication skills, detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work in high stress environments to maintain calm and respectful interaction with multiple teams
- Advance knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and controls systems for critical infrastructures
- Ability to read and edit construction documents (design drawings, control diagrams, specifications, etc.)
- Experience developing and executing test procedures for mechanical or electrical systems/components based on design intent and approved equipment submittals
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age