- The Farmworker Institute of Education & Leadership Development (FIELD) is seeking highly qualified teachers for our Salinas, Soledad, Greenfield Learning Centers. The teacher must be comfortable teaching adults, possess knowledge of methods and strategies used to instruct bilingual and culturally diverse students in English as a Second Language (ESL), demonstrate strong classroom management skills with limited resources, and able to show their commitment to their community.
- BA in teaching ESL, or teaching English to speakers of other languages; or
- BA in education, English, linguistics, applied linguistics, any foreign language, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, or speech; and a certificate in teaching ESL, which may be completed concurrently during the first year of employment as a noncredit instructor; or
- BA with any of the majors specified in subparagraph (2) above; and one year of experience teaching ESL in an accredited institution; and a certificate in teaching English as a second language, which may be completed concurrently during the first two years of employment as a noncredit instructor; or
- Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in ESL.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adult Education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance