Melco is seeking an entry to junior level software engineer interested in working on software applications for the commercial embroidery industry. This includes software applications for machine control, production management & coordination, design creation & editing, and other functions.
- Design, Develop, and Test application software for Melco embroidery machines and end users.
- Be an active participant in design & function planning & review process.
- Give & receive feedback on new product features, enhancements, bug fixes, test processes, etc.
- Adhere to & provide feedback on project goals & timelines.
- Good working knowledge of C/C++ or another equivalent high-level application programming language (i.e. Python, Java, Go, etc)
- Solid understanding of common software development principles and how to apply them effectively.
- Object Oriented Design
- Data Structures
- Algorithm design & analysis
- Synchronization/concurrency & memory management
- Unit & Functional Testing
- Knowledge of & experience with common software development tools
- IDE’s (Visual Studio, VSCode, JetBrains, Eclipse, etc)
- Source control (Git, Mercurial, Subversion, etc)
- Debugging tools & techniques
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work effectively & efficiently in a small team with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of GUI application development
- Layout & UX design
- Synchronous vs Asynchronous operation
- Understanding of and/or interest in embedded software development
- Understanding of the additional concerns & challenges of embedded development (i.e. resource management, real-time programming, synchronization, etc)
- Understanding of multi-platform application development (i.e. Linux, Windows, Mac, Mobile, Embedded, Web, etc)
- Knowledge of API design & development
Please note that this job description is not designed to provide a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westminster, CO 80234: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Application development: 1 year (Required)
- C++: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person