About The Position
The Applications Development Specialist I is responsible for designing, programming, implementing and maintaining computer information systems for functions within the Company. Key responsibilities are:
Key responsibilities include:
- Designs, programs, implements, & maintains computer information systems to support company functions relating to confidential and non-confidential matters. Assists in systems planning and scheduling.
- Ensure data integrity, backup and restoration ability, monitor assigned systems and exercise good project management skills to ensure that changes are successfully implemented and monitored for effect.
- Keep abreast of current developments in computer hardware, software, and other office equipment. Prepare studies and make recommendations regarding utilization of such equipment and software. Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters
- Assist in maintaining several ESRI SDE environments, ensuring that they are functioning as designed, are performing adequately, and new data implementations are designed, tested, and deployed successfully to production environments.
- Manage several ArcGIS Server instances, ensuring that services are running correctly and that any new services that are to be deployed are designed, tested, and deployed successfully to production environments
- Provide support for 3rd party software that utilize ESRI products (Click Mobile & Schedule, and Maximo Spatial.)
- Work with various customers and team members to design, test, deploy, and support custom ArcGIS ArcObject tools that improve and streamline the ESRI map viewing experience and provide valuable analysis of spatial data.
- Analyze problems that may arise from GIS data and software to provide an enterprise-level solution.
- Participate in brainstorming and designing new use cases for new ESRI functionality.
- Work with Ameren teams to produce an aesthetical and highly useable map product for several interfaces.
- Collaborate with Ameren GIS team to provide robust integration for future GIS business solutions.
- Ensure that all Ameren map products are optimized for performance and are functioning as designed
- Demonstrate ability to learn new technology and software design under direction from team members as well as upon learning using one’s own methods
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Geographic Information Systems, or other closely-related degree from an accredited college or university required. One or more years of relevant applications development experience required. One or more years of experience in GIS (ESRI), Intergraph G/Technology V10, or other GIS system preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Visual Basic .NET, C#, Python, JAVA. Database Management: SQL, DB2, Oracle (prefer PL/SQL). Tools: Visual Studio,. Platforms: Windows. Middleware: ASP.NET, Web Services, SOAP/XML, REST, JSON, GeoJSON, Spring.NET, log4net logging platform. Demonstrated knowledge of ESRI Software and its related libraries preferred.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
Top 3-5 Most Critical Competencies
Please identify the top 3-5 MOST critical competencies for success in this role. This information will be used in the recruitment process to understand key skills necessary for success and selection of the most qualified candidate. For more information, refer to the Ameren Executive and Management Competency Models guide, available through the Leadership Toolkit (available on Scholar or by request from HR Services).