Part-Time Administrative Assistant:
World of Wheels is seeking the position of a part-time Administrative Assistance for our rapidly growing business. World of Wheels services all makes, models and years of cars and light duty trucks. The following partial job description explains this position located in Des Moines, Iowa.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. This position will be responsible for:
- answering incoming calls
- directing calls to appropriate associates
- automotive title work, inventory control
- as well as additional clerical duties
- handle circumstances that are urgent and need immediate attention.
- Automotive title transactions
- Inventory control
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Handle confidential information discretely
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Perform duties as requested by Directors of the companies
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages for the Director of Operations and the Office Manager.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes
- Make travel arrangements for executives
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- At least one year of vehicle title experience
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in an administrative position
- Knowledge of automotive industry a PLUS!
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday:
10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Competitive and dependent upon qualifications