Life Insurance Sales at Policygenius...
Tired of cold calling and building a book of business before applying your insurance subject matter expertise? Our Remote Life Insurance Sales Associate role is on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound leads via phone for prospective life insurance customers, and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process) all while working remotely! Our sales team thrives on collaboration, creative competitions, and thoughtful communication with customers as we drive a positive, tech-enhanced experience in an industry typically known for being old-school and paper-based. With high earnings potential for our top performers (top performers can earn $150,000 or more in total compensation after training) and an incredibly collaborative environment, this team is perfect for someone who is competitive but eager to have a supportive team around them.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) that includes 2 evening shifts/week (1-10pm EST) and one weekend shift per week (9-6pm EST). Evening/weekend availability is required.
Base salary for a successful applicant in this role is expected to be $45,000 - $50,000 per year. Top performers can earn $150,000 or more in total compensation. Employees at Policygenius can also expect generous benefits. Final offer amounts are determined by factors such as location, experience and expertise.
In this role, you will…
- Serve as the first point of contact for prospective customers via the phone
- Demystify the industry jargon and make life insurance easy to understand
- Use a consultative sales approach to guide customers through the application process
- Work closely with sales teammates to solve complex client problems
- Continuously improve your performance in a metrics-driven environment, directly impacting your earnings
- Have access to consistent 1:1 coaching, ongoing learning and development opportunities, and mentorship
- Ensure prospective customers receive unparalleled service
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have an active Life Insurance license
- You have prior experience in a high-volume, dialer-based sales role, bonus points if you have prior experience in life insurance sales
- You are self-motivated, ambitious, and excited to continue to grow in your career
- You’re eager to find yourself among a diverse group of competitive peers, always learning from each other
- You have a will to succeed in a target-driven environment, with substantial incentives based on various KPIs
- You work well with others, solving problems on the fly using Slack, Zoom, Five9 and other communication methods
- Your family and friends would describe you as a natural conversationalist - you keep the conversation flowing and are a pleasure for our clients to speak to!
- You welcome any and all feedback - you’re looking to improve your skills, and recognize the value of hands-on managers who care deeply about your growth
- You are open to working some weekends and evenings obviously from the comfort of your own home!
- You appreciate the value of a well-placed gif!
You can expect...
- Base salary + commission - top performers can earn $150,000 or more in total compensation after training! Our existing group of top performers are a mix of tenures and experience levels, so anyone can make it to the top
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & HSA options
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers and a welcoming, inclusive culture
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2022, we announced our Series E funding round of $125 million, bringing our total funding to over $250 million. At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law. Come join the team!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Weekly day range:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Life Insurance License (Required)
Work Location: Remote