The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a temporary Healthy Living Coordinator providing support to Jackson Health Department. This is an unclassified position, PIN 34001762, in state government located in Altus, OK. The salary for this position is up to $15.00 per hour based on education and experience.
Position is assigned duties for oversight of Health Living Grant for Tobacco Control, Nutrition and Fitness and other Wellness Program events, activities and community/county partnerships. This position mobilizes, recruits and coordinates the activities of coalition members and serves as the community/county resource for wellness initiatives.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Nutrition & Fitness Coordinator in carrying out responsibilities of the grant.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a health related, behavioral health related or social science related field. Substitution for the education and work experience require a minimum of 2 years of college with 4 years of experience working within communities on community development and mobilization and/or the implementation of preventive health programs or education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill in developing and delivering oral presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate training events and workshops for adults and youth
- Knowledge of tobacco control, nutrition and fitness and other wellness trends and strategies that target children, youth and adults including advertising, policies and standards and promising or best practices
- Ability to formulate and implement policies and procedures
- Capacity to grasp abstract ideas and form a coherent picture
- Ability to objectively analyze a situation and evaluate pros and cons of any course of action
- Ability to design and implement effective workflow processes and procedures
- Ability to show cultural competence in working with diverse populations
- Willing to be a team player and work collaboratively with coalitions and community agencies
- Ability to be organized, proactive, work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with various deadlines and tasks
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.