The Lead Manufacturing Engineer/Supervisor position provides technical manufacturing support for Controls team as well as provides direction to shop team. The position is a role with a strong focus on technical expertise in controls systems, primarily on electrical but also the mechanical portions of the controls systems. Role will support leadership to the shop, process development, and simplification across multiple product models. Role will also evolve into lean six sigma driven initiative
In the role of Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Controls, you will:
- Provide technical support to the Oil & Gas business in the areas of electrical and mechanical controls systems, and assembly & test – development and improvements
- Successfully lead and schedule resources to execute upon production requirements
- Perform analysis of alternatives, funding justification, procurement, installation and methods, operator training, and project management within schedule and budgetary commitments
- Facilitate new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative
- Maintain and create comprehensive documentation of processes and procedures incorporating the safety and quality aspects of the operations
- Ensure compliance with all quality and safety procedures; identify long-term programs for improving facility safety and product quality
- Work with cross functional group to solve complex problems utilizing lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Apply lean-manufacturing concepts to establish production flow, material and tool presentation, and standard work
- Meet all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements applicable to projects and processes
- Be aware of and comply with the BHGE Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type / position
- Ensure the creation of accurate, complete and timely records
- Generate shop floor technical instruction routers containing detailed guidance for shop operators
- Support Root Cause Analysis of Quality non-conformance's / Non Conformance Report (NCR)
- Help provide short-term & long-term corrective actions, and implementation
- Provide heavy shop floor interaction with operators and leaders
- Direct the activities of an hourly team within the cell and participate in cell/team activities to meet identified goals
- May perform administrative duties to support he business, including timecards, labor vouchering, self-audits, absence reviews, and missing time corrections, etc.
- Assist Product Group Leader in coaching and counseling employees regarding individual performance and development needs
- Practice sound human relations and communications skills in order to motivate the assigned work force
- Provide technical support to functions
- Provide technical support for customer inquiries related to repairs
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing, quality, and/or process experiences in Oil & Gas)
Expertise in Controls Systems with the ability to trouble shoot and lead RCA’s
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Proven Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:
BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter target=”_blank”>@BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
United States; Texas; Houston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.