An opportunity exists at Cordoba for a GAS UTILITY CAD LEAD/DESIGNER with SOCALGAS
pipeline/facility experience in the Cordoba Santa Ana. The Designer will prepare design drawings using
AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation V7/V 8 software, with emphasis on safety, accuracy, quality, cost
effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with Design Center team at Cordoba, client and engineers to complete pipeline/facility
- The work may include front end design, substructure research, detail design, quality assurance
review, construction support and startup involvement, as-built drawings and close-out activities.
- Ensure and maintain compliance with applicable company and client standards and procedures.
- Attend meetings with clients, vendors and governing agencies.
- Prepare pipeline/facility drawings and details.
- Prepare station and facility plans, sections and details.
- Include piping and conduit routing and foundation locations as directed by the project
mechanical, electrical, controls systems and civil engineers.
- Review vendor design to ensure compliance with project technical requirements.
- Participate in squad checks and quality control reviews to ensure accurate, high quality
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and company goals. Identify
and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve
- Participate in special projects or tasks as required.
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation training certificate preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of design experience with pipelines and facilities.
- Southern California Gas project experience.
- This position will be stationed in Cordoba Santa Ana office. Occasional travel to various job sites
in Southern California Gas should be expected.
- Good problem-solving, decision-making, communication, analytical and human relations skills
- Must have advanced AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation skills and good knowledge of
drafting techniques and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently required. Must be
adaptable and flexible.
- Proficiency utilizing knowledge and skills with MS Office Suite (including MS-Word, MS-Excel,
MS-Outlook) and computer applications is mandatory for this position.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.A. on a full-time basis without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a pre-authorized physical including a drug-screening and background check.
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to complete an AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation competency test.
Cordoba Corporation is a nationally recognized civil engineering, construction management, program management, and planning firm. We specialize in education and facilities, transportation, and water and energy. In collaboration with our clients, Cordoba has facilitated the development of several complex and highly visible infrastructure projects throughout California.
Our efforts have resulted in national recognition for four consecutive years as a “top 100 professional service firm,” in addition to a “top 50 program management firm” by Engineering News-Record.
Cordoba's business model has been commended for its efficiency, encouraging work dynamic, and its multifaceted approach toward projects. Many of our professionals have received praise in the media as leaders in their field of expertise.
We have established a statewide presence throughout California. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we also have offices located in San Francisco, Santa Ana, and San Diego.
Cordoba Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Cordoba Corporation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you need special assistance or accommodation, please contact Cordoba Corporations HR Department at: (213)895-0224.