Blackwatch International Corporation (Blackwatch), founded in 2010, is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) providing Information Technology, Cyber, Language, Intelligence and Professional services to the DoD/IC markets. We’re headquartered in McLean, Virginia with satellite offices located in Carmichael, California and O’Fallon, Illinois.
Position location(s): Sacramento, California (multiple locations around McClellan Park). Relocation assistance is not available.
Position Type: Full-Time
Education: Any technical Associate’s, Bachelor's or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field; and/or equivalent formal military training and 3+ years of related experience
Years of Experience: 3-5 years of relevant IT experience
Minimum Security Clearance Requirement: United States Citizenship is mandatory. This position requires an Active SECRET within past 5 years.
Required Certifications: Mandatory DoD 8570.01-M Certification: IAT Level II (Security +CE or Higher)
The Systems/Server Administrator is a member of a technically skilled contractor team supporting a Department of Defense (DoD) client at multiple locations in the McClellan Park area of Sacramento, California. The Systems/Server Administrator functions within a Systems/Server Operations Team and is responsible for a broad set of duties and responsibilities as well as accomplishing all tasks assigned by a Senior Systems/Server Administrator, Technical Lead or Program/Project Manager. Under general supervision, the Systems/Server Administrator performs a variety of systems management functions including the administration, installation, maintenance, usage, performance and day-to-day operation of all classified and unclassified client systems/servers.
- Install, test, monitor and maintain networking equipment, servers and user workstations
- Monitor network and systems to ensure sustained trouble-free operations
- Diagnose and fix problems with the network including all hardware, software and infrastructure
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, command language programs and network start up files, etc.
- Perform data backups
- Assist in developing and maintaining system redundancy and fail over plans for assigned networks
- Manage network E-mail functions
- Respond to requests for IT support
- Set up equipment for new users and establish new user accounts on the network granting access to required network files and programs
- Assist IA team members in maintaining network security by ensuring that security compliance procedures are implemented and enforced
- Assist IA team members with implementing counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Assist with fully documenting internal procedures and ensuring all solutions are in compliance with applicable security requirements
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of network resource reports
- Keep inventory of equipment, software, and licenses
- Demonstrate concern for timeliness and attention-to-detail on every task
- Implement client-established network policies, procedures, and standards
- Update job knowledge of relevant technology by seeking out training opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Coordinate with Technical Lead to determine additional training requirements
- Provide on-call and weekend support when needed
- UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP IS MANDATORY. THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Position is Full-time (40 hours) and may require non-standard shift [0930 – 1800], Monday – Friday
- Position requires on-call and weekend support for planned or unplanned system downtime
- Prior experience with Federal government organizations (DoD, Civilian agencies) mandatory
- Any technical Associate’s, Bachelor's or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field; and/or equivalent formal military training and 3+ years of related experience
- Mandatory DoD 8570.01-M Certification: IAT Level II (Security +CE or Higher)
- Must have Microsoft (MS) Windows Server 2008 or 2012 R2 certification and be willing/able to pass the upgrade exam to MS Server 2016, OR
- Must have passed at least one MCSA Windows Server 2016 Exam [70-740, 70-741 and 70-742] and be willing/able to pass remaining exam(s) within six months.
- 3-5 years of relevant IT experience
- Experience working with network and server management software
- 2+ years’ experience on multiple platforms preferred (Windows, Unix, Linux – with Microsoft Windows as the primary)
- Familiarity with the following: Cisco products, Network Monitoring Tools, Windows Domain, Telnet, DHCP, WINS, DNS, TCP/IP, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server using Internet Mail Services (SMTP), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and Virtual LANs (VLANs)
- Professional, team‐focused attitude and courteous towards peers, supervisors and customers
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification is a plus
- Passing score on Microsoft Exam 70-345; Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 is a very big plus