Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Assistant Project Manager with Natural Gas experience to join our team to support the effective execution of our long-term client development Plan.
The position will be based in our client’s Waltham, Massachusetts office location
The Assistant Project Manager will report to and assist Project Managers with their delivery of simple and complex natural gas construction projects. Some time on project sites is required.
Responsibilities will include support to the Project Manager in the following tasks:
- Development and management of scope, schedule and budget for individual projects.
- Management of assigned project resources and resource forecasting, including use of PCS tools (Deltek, MS Project, Excel).
- Project communications.
- Subcontractor coordination and management.
- Budget/Cost analysis including earned value analysis, status reports, and cost projections.
- Tracking and monitoring the change management process.
- Develop and maintain intermediate project schedules, monitor sequence for completion, and analyze constraints to determine the effect of changes to the schedule and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Development of proposal schedules and fee estimates.
- Invoice reviews, checking for discrepancies and compliance with contract requirements, and resolving specific project accounting issues.
- Contract management and administration, ensuring compliance with contract requirements.
- Project meetings and related tasks such as permit applications, agency regulation coordination, project funding, and community relations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter attitude, resourcefulness, with ability to improve processes.
- Thirst for learning and professional development.
- Proficiency with software.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Associate degree from a two-year college in technical, finance, business, project management or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelors’ degree in Science or Engineering preferred.
1-4 years of applicable experience with Natural Gas Projects or similar construction preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)