If you are you seeking a career where you can make a difference, this unique opportunity for an Administrative Office Assistant at IFMA may be perfect for you. We are seeking an exceptionally bright, multitasking, dynamic, and fast-learning individual to support IFMA’s executive leadership team in a fast-paced business environment. The right person for this role will partner with the executive team to handle administrative tasks, freeing up their time to focus on the organization's goals and strategic direction while making them more effective by maximizing every moment of their day. In this role, the right person will exercise quick-thinking, flexibility, and adaptability to constantly changing demands and priorities. This person will be resourceful and autonomous when taking on new tasks and projects relying on problem-solving skills to ensure the success of the executive team. Over time, the ideal candidate for this position will learn to solve problems before they appear while becoming an integral part of the success of the mission of IFMA.
- Coordinate the executive team calendars by scheduling all meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements, travel, and manage conflicts as necessary.
- Coordinate travel logistics and be available to assist with travel mishaps
- Ensure CEO and EVP travel is coordinated with appropriate staff and external stakeholders to maximize time spent on the road.
- Provide background information and/or supporting documents in preparation for meetings; coordinate with other staff to prepare support materials and run point on any follow-up materials or actions.
- Assist with financial tasks to include reconciliation of credit card transactions, invoicing, expense/travel reimbursements and check requests.
- Accurately record group meeting minutes (or notes) and distribute to participants.
- Handle or appropriately refer requests for information, and ensure appropriate and timely follow-up on internal and external requests for information or action.
- Maintain correspondence and files, both written and electronic; Maintain electronic and paper filing systems; assists with ongoing transition from paper to electronic.
- As necessary, assist CEO with email management.
- Provide front office support to include managing, screening, and handling telephone communications and greeting and directing all visitors.
- Maintain daily administrative operations of the office; Conduct and manage a regular inventory of supplies; Submit and follow-up on office maintenance needs and building requests.
- Assist the Special Assistant to the executive team with special projects and other tasks as needed.
- High School Diploma.
- 2 + years administrative support experience, executive support a plus.
- Expense reporting experience.
- Calendar management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must have the capacity to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse and growing team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; Well organized; Attention to accuracy and detail. Experience planning ahead and managing time effectively.
- CRM, Database experience; Salesforce preferred.
- Candidates who are veterans or immediate family members of veterans or serving members of the military are strongly encouraged to apply.
IFMA is the world's largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals. Our mission is To guide and advance the professional development of our members throughout their careers with support in certification, networking, education and research.
Available shifts and compensation:
We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $24.00 - $27.00/hour.
About IFMA NYC:
To guide and advance the professional development of our members throughout their careers with support in certification, networking, education and research.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.