Retail Truck Center Inventory Specialist (Job Number: 2300644 )
This position will work closely with the Regional Asset Managers, District Staff & Used Truck Center staff to assist with the identification and acquisition of inventory for the Used Truck Centers Nationwide. Ensuring each location has the proper mix of equipment tailored to the surrounding market and that For Sale inventory is moving in a timely manner, strategizing ways to reduce cycle time. Must learn the individual markets surrounding the UTCs to understand what equipment types and levels are appropriate for each location. Will also spearhead efforts to decrease the cycle time of Pending Sale & Sold equipment to maximize the space allocated to For Sale equipment. Will ensure inventory management tools and processes are being used consistently at each location and will assist with identifying areas of opportunity.
- Work with UTC Managers, Asset Managers & District Staff to maximize inventory levels. Conduct routine calls to gain an understanding of the specific needs of each location & surrounding districts. Utilize reports to identify potential inventory on a unit level basis. Ensure each location has a healthy mix of equipment.
- Monitor aging For Sale equipment and strategize ways to reduce cycle time. Work with Sales teams to reduce Pending Sale inventory cycle time & ensure Sold units are picked up promptly to maximize space allocated to For Sale equipment.
- Create & utilize custom reporting for Senior Management.
- Assist with giving direction on inventory management. Ensuring UTC yards are organized, and vehicles are properly staged. (For Sale Signs in windshields, QR Sell Sheets in windows, rotate equipment to keep sale lines fresh).
- Promote & ensure Salesforce Yard check inventory tool is being used consistently.
- Work with UTC team to ensure units are consistently prepped to Penske standards, identifying defects, and promoting positive change. Will monitor quality and accuracy of photos and listings of units on the UTC yards. Having updates made as needed.
- Work with OSC & Districts to monitor equipment that needs to be prepped & delivered to UTCs (inventory & Pending Sales).
- Monitor and assist with the usage of 3rd party transporters to ensure equipment is being moved to the UTCs timely.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's Degree preferred
- 3 years of experience in a support type role such as administrative, coordination, or customer service
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products especially Excel and Outlook. Experience with web-based products is required. Experience working with data at least at a basic level is required.
- Knowledge of Penske systems such as FleetNet & ServiceNet at an introductory to intermediate level. Experience with Salesforce at an intermediate level.
- Create and generate reports from our systems, analyze the data and make inventory decisions based on this data.
- Strong writing skills for email communications to field and corporate leadership.
- Requires some analytical & organizational skills, time management and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be effective at communicating verbally and via email with both internal and external associates.
- Problem-solving abilities & critical thinking skills.
- Use existing and find new resources for understanding markets surrounding each UTC to aid in decision making.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
ATTN: USED TRUCK SALES 2561 Bernville Rd
ATTN: USED TRUCK SALES 2561 Bernville RdPO Box 14924
Reading, PA 19605
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Administrative
Req ID: 2300644