If you’re passionate about becoming a Nationwide associate and believe you have the potential to be something great, let’s talk.
Number 54 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
**ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS POSTING – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY**
Information above the asterisks is specific to this opening, while the information below the asterisks is the corporate job description for this position.
The qualified candidate will:
- Support the Profit Sharing transition with general agents.
- Support the data gathering and analysis needs of Agency Management.
- Complete Agency visit packets for large/national Customers.
- Create and analyze reports utilizing internal and external data sources and tools such as the Portal, Business Objects, Excel and S&P Global Market Intelligence in order to:
- Determine market share and profitability at the agent level by state, line of business, program and other cross sections of business identified
- Identify areas of opportunity for both premium growth and increased profitability
- Assist with segmentation analysis of agencies
- Compare the performance of various agents to help determine areas of opportunity and best practices
- Ad hoc data pulls and analysis as needed to support Senior Leadership and Underwriting requests.
Partners with internal customers in determining data and information needs, and in determining the use of information to aid them in making business decisions. Identifies and executes appropriate research methodologies that will provide the information needed in an understandable format. Serves as lead to other analysts and/or as a subject matter expert for information needs and analysis . Plans and supports information project needs, special reporting, and new technology.
Manager/Director; may serve in a group/team leader role over 1-6 business information associates.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Functions as the expert in data extraction from databases, tables, data warehouses, and other sources Observes customer operations and proactively presents recommendations that will assist customers in making decisions regarding their operations. Develops, produces and maintains ad hoc and custom reports for information needs and analysis. Determines the level of information analysis needed based on customer needs and data availability. Uses various data access tools to pull information for reports and analysis.
2. Maintains the integrity of information in internal data bases. Using statistical analysis, identifies gaps in the data presented and makes recommendations for data maintenance.
3. Retrieves data from internal and external sources and data files in order to keep internal databases current and usable. Exports information to external sources.
4. Determines appropriate information and analysis to be shared with customers. Shares reports and information with appropriate area of the company as assigned.
5. Supports the research, analysis and presentation of information by: monitoring external sources, creating custom reports, compiling and summarizing information, producing supporting documentation and exhibits, and verification of information received from external sources.
6. May maintain personal computer hardware. and software.
7. Assists other associates with preparation of reports and use of information systems, software and related sources of information. Trains other users on report preparation and data base access.
8. Leads special projects, and serves as point of contact for projects.
9. Presents actionable recommendations , presentations, reports, and documents to help with the use of the information. Monitors, reviews and analyzes the external environment to support the research and analysis done with data extracted form internal sources. Presents and discusses these findings with customers.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Undergraduate studies in business, insurance, mathematics or related field. Prefer degree or professional insurance coursework.
Six years experience in a business information analysis role, or similar business related position that involves analysis, problem solving, planning, coordinating and organizing.
In-depth knowledge of business information analysis concepts, data mining, various data sources insurance policies and procedures, customer service concepts and practices. Familiarity with product terminology, processes, regulatory and compliance issues is desired.
Verbal and written communication skills for interaction within the functional area, information documentation and report formulation. Ability to understand business information needs and to analyze data requests. Ability to work under tight time constraints. Ability to effectively operate a personal computer with business software applications for data import/export, manipulation, reporting and analysis.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Business Unit Director/Officer and the HR Representative.
Not Eligible (exempt)
Normal office environment. Extended periods of personal computer usage and report/information verification. Occasional extended and non-standard hours based on business information needs.
The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associated assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties
Job Evaluation Activity:
Evaluated 05/07/2004 SMP
Additional Job Description