David Mason + Associates (DMA) is seeking an engineering professional for an exciting opportunity as Project Engineer in our growing Chicago office. The candidate will execute projects out of our Chicago area location for a multi-office, multi-discipline engineering firm headquartered in the Midwest. The successful candidate will apply their experience in civil engineering on a variety of projects including commercial development, urban site redevelopment, stormwater management systems, utility infrastructure and facility design, and transportation systems.
Ideal candidate will:
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and/or comparable applications.
- Possess AutoCAD experience, Microstation would be a plus.
- Be able to function independently and as part of a team.
- Possess great organization and time management skills.
- Be detail oriented, adaptable, and enthusiastic.
Technical skills and experience must include the ability to review and understand technical reports, interpret codes and regulations, perform hands-on design, develop design calculations, create design models (drainage), prepare technical reports and project specifications, develop opinions of construction cost, and develop electronic civil engineering plans and construction documents.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD is expected. MicroStation skills would be a plus. Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills and must be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members in writing and in person.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- 1-5 years of related professional experience
This is a Full-time Benefited position. Benefits package includes health, dental, life, long-term disability and long-term care insurances, 401k, Holidays, and paid time off.
The candidate shall have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible