Do you enjoy working with children? Are you creative and enjoy teaching through play and activities ? We are a small growing company looking for part-time teachers to teach at a variety of locations at Local Elementary and Preschools as well as our Baby & Me classes.
Spanish Exploradores is Building Community, One Child at a Time. We believe learning should be fun and incorporate a lot of singing, games and activities in our lessons. If teachers aren't having fun teaching, students aren't having fun learning. Our approach is immersion style teaching. Our students acquire language through doing. Teachers introduce language through activities or by showing students without saying the word in English to expand their Spanish vocabulary.
LOCATION: We offer in-person programs in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania.
TEACHING POSITIONS : PART - TIME, with potential to grow with the company
This is a part-time position, you are expected to work approximately 2-10 hours a week or more. If successful, may add additional hours or become a full-time position.
ACTUAL SCHEDULE WILL DEPEND ON EACH LOCATION + HOW MANY CLASSES
- Baby & Me Preschool Spanish, Ages 9 months - 6 yrs,
- Elementary School Enrichment, Grades K - 5,
* HOURS: various, if interested please tell us.
- Ardmore, PA
- Broomall, PA
- Derexel Hill, PA
- Malvern, PA
- Merion Station, PA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Radnor, PA
- Yardley, PA
Preschool Spanish Enrichment part-time teacher is ideal for a someone looking for work during school hours. Spanish Clubs might be a good fit for Spanish teachers looking for additional income. Or college students pursuing a degree in Spanish or Early-Childhood Education.
We are also looking to expand our programs at our Ardmore location to potentially offer Saturday Baby & Me classes. Please let us know if that's of interest to you.
Ready to join our team ? We are looking for candidates with the following qualities or experience:
· Command of Spanish and be fully bilingual English/Spanish
· Native speakers or lived in Latin America preferred
· Have a passion for teaching and speaking Spanish
· Must enjoy working with young children
· Can you be silly ? and have a good sense of humor with kids ?
· Experience teaching early-childhood age group preferred
· Managed student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
· Classroom experience preferred
· Passion for creativity and experience with crafting desired
· Ability to work independently
· Classroom management experience or teaching young children in a group experience
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent time management skills a must
· Capability to teach courses in Spanish following the course of study and curriculum
· Ability to carry 25lbs, (craft materials, learning materials) - required
· Personal transportation - car required
· Valid driver's license
ONLINE APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
1. A current and complete resume/curriculum vitae.
2. A cover letter or letter of interest.
· Wearing a mask is required.
· Fully-vaccinated and boosted
Schedule and Hourly Rate
· This is a part-time position, you are expected to work approximately 2-10 hours a week or more. If successful, may add additional hours or become a full-time position.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays during and or before and after school hours. Possible Saturdays
- Must be willing to travel to classes
· $50 - 70 per hour, depending on experience and performance.
If selected for an interview, applicants will be required to provide, letters of recommendation and all clearances. Safety is our priority. A CPR- First Aid class must be completed prior to starting first class and will be reimbursed after a term of employment designated in the contract.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50.00 - $70.00 per hour
- After school
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We require all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted. **Our Baby & Me class requires customers to be fully vaccinated and boosted. We also require masks to protect the younger children and siblings that may attend. We also open a window.
- Do you have reliable transportation to and from work if required to go to various locations?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local/law regulations?
- Are you willing to take a drug test, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Do you have the following license or certification: CPR/AED/First Aid?
- How many years of Education Experience do you currently have?
- What is your level of proficiency in Spanish?
- Classroom: 2 years (Preferred)
- Teaching: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish fluently (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road