Quality Assurance Technician conducts various monitoring, checks and testing of; raw, in process and finished products/processes confirming compliance to quality & food safety standards as established by the QA department, internal and regulatory requirements while adhering to standardized company policies and practices.
1. Uphold all safety practices to prevent injury from unsafe work practices and/or conditions. Report all safety hazards or potential hazards to the safety team representative and management.
2. Monitor plant sanitation and personal hygiene as outline by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for food processing facilities in CFR (Title 21, part 117) and current company GMP Policies.
3. Perform standardized quality sampling & checks during production; organize collected data into electronic logbooks, databases, and report variances and non-conformities to plant management.
4. Follow all required work instructions, work aids and forms as they pertain to Quality , Environment, Safety, and Food Safety
5. Understand, monitor and act accordingly to support:
ISO-GFSI compliance, FDA-FSMA regulatory requirements, Food Safety & Quality programs as implemented by the company. This individual has the authority & responsibility to stop production should the product be out of specification and/or observed food safety or compliance breach.
6. Performs analysis of incoming, in process and finished materials using analytical standardized procedures. These tests may include, but are not limited to: pH, Titratable Acidity, Brix, Organoleptic, Carbon Dioxide, Density, Total Dissolved Solids, Microbiological Sampling and testing, etc.
7. Standardized and calibrate laboratory equipment, troubleshoot systems, equipment and processes
8. Assist the Quality Assurance management team with any projects as designated.
9. Actively participate in continuous improvement, lean practices, six sigma, 5S, food safety, environmental and plant safety programs
10. Pursue excellence and continuously develop technical and personal skills to achieve plant-wide world class manufacturing environment
- Monitor the quality of incoming packaging materials, ingredients and finished products.
- Maintain surveillance over housekeeping, sanitation, and material storage conditions.
- Monitor the Water Treatment System and Wastewater Treatment system.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment.
Minimum High School diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree in science related field preferred
2+years’ experience of Food Plant Quality Assurance. 5-10 years of production experience may substitute for the QA experience or demonstrated proficiency in Quality Systems.
Demonstrate ability to actively participate in a positive and engaged team atmosphere
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
Familiarity with lab safety and handling of hazardous materials.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English to properly understand and relay important safety and quality information.
Work well with others to establish and maintain an excellent interdepartmental relationships
Readily accept instruction from management and supervisors and execute effectively
Be a self-starter and work independently at times
Dependable and have a flexible schedule.
Must have experience with MS Office and ability to comprehend various quality software suites
Beverage industry experience a plus