Provides a variety of job duties and activities that support a department, team or individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide superior customer service by responding to incoming phone calls, handling calls and emails related to application credentials, covering the reception desk when needed, and scheduling campus visits.
- Perform accurate data entry using Banner INB/Recruiter systems for all inquiry data for prospective students.
- Investigate and resolve daily suspended records in Axiom from data loads.
- Handle the processing of applications in assigned alpha split, including:
- Loading new applications with Axiom software and resolving suspended Banner records.
- Indexing applications and credentials using Banner Document Management Software.
- Periodically review audit reports and resolve indexing errors.
- Process enrollment deposits, waitlist responses, and withdrawals.
- Filing of all applicant credentials via regular mail
- Individual outreach to applicants to support file completion.
- Prepare mailings (including decision letters and accept packets) with close attention to detail and accuracy in matching names.
- Participate in prospective student events and programs – Support planning and organization of event logistics. Provide check-in and initial guidance to visiting families Assist and support Admission Counselors in planning and scheduling recruitment travel.
- Assist Student Financial Services with applicant conflicts
- Help prepare for and respond to follow up questions and concerns related to admission decisions
- Other duties as requested
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred. Two or more years experience a plus.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Must possess excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills. Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment and be flexible. Must be organized and be able to multi task. High School Diploma is required. Associates degree is preferred. Two or more years of administrative experience a plus.
Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including proficiency in Excel and Word including the workings of mail merges. Ellucian/Banner knowledge a plus but not required and must have the ability to quickly learn new software. Comfort working in a predominantly paperless environment is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Licenses/Certifications Competencies Intellectual-Analytical, Intellectual-Problem Solving, Intellectual-Project Management, Intellectual-Technical Skills, Interpersonal-Customer Service, Interpersonal-Interpersonal Skills, Interpersonal-Oral Communication, Interpersonal-Written Communication, Interpersonal-Teamwork, Leadership-Visionary Leadership, Leadership-Change Management, Leadership-Delegation, Leadership-Leadership, Leadership-Managing People, Leadership-Quality Management, Organization-Ethics, Organization-Organizational Support, Organization-Strategic Thinking, Self Management-Judgement, Self Management-Motivation, Self Management-Planning/Organizing, Self Management-Professionalism, Self Management-Quality, Self Management-Quantity, Self Management-Adaptability, Self Management-Attendance/Punctuality, Self Management-Dependability, Self Management-Initiative, Self Management-Innovation
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants