High Speed Interconnects is a fast-growing designer and manufacturer of high performance wire, cable and cable assemblies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintain all ERP or applicable scheduling systems pertaining to the management and scheduling activities required for work order and capacity planning.
* Proactively provides schedule and release direction for manufacturing orders within the facility. Coordinate scheduling of orders with sales, manufacturing, engineering/prototype and other areas.
* Coordinates material requirements and communicates with production floor.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with production floor and sales operation colleagues.
* Monitors, tracks, reports, advises, and conducts production planning processes in order to ensure the organization meets customer delivery requirements and expectations. * Plans and supports sales activities, new product introduction, and other customer demand fulfillment activities.
* Understands terms and conditions, order confirmation, revision and change notice processes, and other processes within the facility affecting production planning activities.
* Maintains and continuously improves ERP system or other Capacity Planning system parameters and processes for effective use of system planning and scheduling capabilities.
* Assists in site Sales & Operations Planning processes to ensure assigned scheduling and planning activities and capabilities meet long term sales projections.
* Proactively pursues the elimination of shortages that impact, or may impact production and shipments.
* Reviews applicable documentation to determine accuracy and obtain any clarification necessary from the customer, sales, engineers, manufacturers' representatives, or other functional areas.
* May process RMAs and other transactions daily using the MRP system and related ancillary data sources/toolsets developed for this activity, including other databases and spreadsheets.
* May conduct forecasting processes, help to determine appropriate safety stock levels, and other daily activities to meet internal and external customer requirements.
* Ability to learn and/or materials management skills including Planning and Scheduling techniques and methodologies
* Manufacturing knowledge, Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
* Knowledge of Engineering Change processes, Inventory Control, Transactional Management, and critical thinking and problem solving capability.
* Experience in continuous improvement.
* Solid organizational interface skills.
* A team player who is humble and possesses excellent communication skills.
* An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
* Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, suppliers, and employees.
* Ability to establish relations with different personalities, cultural backgrounds and educational levels.
* Excellent knowledge of ERP systems
* Computer skills -- General MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are mandatory
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Three or more years of experience in planning and scheduling position(s) is preferred. Cable, Machine Shop or Sheet Metal Fab Shop planning experience desired.
* Two (2) year degree or equivalent experience is mandatory.
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university (Supply Chain, or Technical) is preferred.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand Spanish (preferred).
* Ability to articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
Minimal up to 10%.
Job Type: Full-time