National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, is a well-establish, highly respected financial institution that, in a challenging and collaborative environment, has a shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969 CFC, headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 1,000 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Treasury Systems Project Manager in our Financial Risk Management group. In this position you will have the opportunity to facilitate a self-assessment of the Treasury Department’s short-term funding operations with a view to streamline and improve existing processes through the identification and implementation of a new treasury software application in order to gain operational efficiencies and retire several existing legacy systems.
As a Treasury Systems Project Manager, you will:
To be successful, you will need:
- Review and identify needs and process workflow within short term debt and cash management operations and the interactions with other parts of the organization.
- Identify, recommend and facilitate the implementation of key improvements to current systems, overall operations and process/procedures of current short term debt and cash management operations.
- Assess ongoing internal audit and system requirements pertaining to the Treasury Department’s short-term funding and cash management operations.
- In collaboration with other treasury and accounting staff, review other treasury software applications currently in use within the organization, their primary purpose and utility and seek improvements as they interact with short term debt and cash management operations.
- Identify system requirements focused on short term debt, corporate cash management and liquidity forecasting analysis.
- Assist in the development of an enhanced treasury system architectural framework collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of a RFP, vendor selection, recommendations and implementation of a core treasury short term debt and cash management focused system.
- Provide ongoing guidance, training and direction to staff in relation to the treasury system’s utility, daily operation and output.
- Bachelors in Finance or equivalent required—MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in a corporate finance environment with direct experience in corporate treasury operations.
- A minimum of 10 years overall professional experience is ideal.
- Experienced in implementing treasury related systems as an end user.
- Subject matter expert in treasury operations.
- Specialized in using treasury software applications with a focus in debt and corporate cash management.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Advanced negotiating skills and an effective agent of positive change.
- Highly detail oriented and organized, requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Adept communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work comfortably in teams and cross functionally.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.