Position Title: Controller
Last Revision Date: May 24, 2018
Cleinman Performance Partners is a unique business development consultancy that works exclusively with private practice optometrists across North America. We provide our practice partnerswith a broad range of products and services, including a unique peer network, business performance benchmarking, transaction management, strategic planning and education. These core activities are focused around personal growth and economic progress on behalf of our clients. The majority of our income is realized through a recurring revenue business model.
We are offering a growth opportunity within our Finance department. If you have a minimum of five years of accounting experience in a business environment, are a person that has a thirst for knowledge and a solid understanding of accounting, finance and business analytics, this position presents a valuable opportunity to learn about our industry and its economic environment. This is a development and transitionary position in anticipation of succeeding to the financial leadership role upon the future retirement of our senior financial officer.
Key Bookkeeping Responsibilities:
- Leading A/P, A/R and bank reconciliation and credit card processes.
- Verification, allocation, and posting of transactions into the proper accounts with corresponding back up documentation.
- Supervision over petty cash spend, credit card activity, collecting rents, and bank deposits.
- Auditing accounts when necessary.
- Telephone coverage and assisting other support staff.
Key Transition Responsibilities(moving from Bookkeeper to Controller):
- Understanding current-state Finance processes and technology.
- Analyzing and interpreting metrics, leveraging tools such as activity-based costing and total revenue percent, to increase returns in a sustainable manner.
- Partnering with Technology to document requirements for strategic solutions that leverage best in class automated tools.
- Driving standardization of activities, including the identification of productivity and efficiency.
- Preparing financial performance analysis (actuals and variances), monthly outlooks and full year budgets and forecasting for the firmhelp ensure all quarterly targets are achieved.
Key Controller Responsibilities:
- Leading the annual budgeting.
- Interacting directly with the Executive Team on the preparation of strategic plans and delivering ad hoc requests.
- Overseeing procurement, facilities management, headcount, payroll, and HR benefits.
- Developing spend policies, as needed.
- Serving as the financial partner for all business units and support initiatives such as strategic planning, business model reengineering, and financial goal setting.
- Strengthening controls and transparency of the financial books and records as well as the process by which reports are generatedto support the business in its efforts to grow responsibly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred, with a minimum of 5 plus years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, budget reporting, and financial concepts.
- A proven track record for success and preferably working towards a certification.
- Experience in Banking or Small Business preferred.
- Financial analysis, forecasting, and modeling.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience tracking progress and deliverables by managing scope and milestonesis strongly recommended.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action plans and execute on key deliverables.
- Proficient in MS Office with Advanced Excel and Access, medium-advanced PowerPoint, BQE, and QuickBooks skills.
- Must be able to work independently with very little supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to establish strong internal relationships across functions to achieve shared goals.
- Treats confidential information with care.
- Prioritizes high impact potential problems effectively and considers broad implications of decisions.
- Innovative and well-versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes.
- Must possess a strong sense of accountability.
Job Type: Full-time