At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach - and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Highway Drainage Engineer for our Herndon, VA office with experience in the design of hydraulics, drainage systems and stormwater management for highway projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Responsible for Stormwater Management and Drainage Design, including independent work, and performing calculations for detailed segments of a project for review and approval.
- Work as part of a design team to continually seek to identify and implement improved technical solutions throughout final design.
- Develop and modify complex hydraulic models using Visual Basic
- May supervise, assign tasks to, and coordinate work with entry-level engineers or less experienced staff on the project team.
- Coordinate with design and construction leads throughout all phases of a design project.
- Collaborate with design and construction team during the pursuit phase to develop creative and innovative technical solutions.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control, ensuring that cost, schedule and quality objectives are met for transportation engineering activities.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Minimum Qualifications :
BS degree in Civil Engineering
Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in highway drainage design and plan production
Experience with hydrology, hydraulics and stormwater management design
Knowledge and understanding of the new Virginia Stormwater Management Law
Engineer in Training (EIT) License
Experience on Transportation Projects for both VDOT and Local Municipalities in Virginia
Knowledge of Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Standards and Criteria for Drainage Design, including the VDOT Drainage Manual
Knowledge of VDOT Standards and Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction, including plan development standards
Experience with programming languages, particularly Visual Basic
Local candidates preferred
Affiliation with professional societies is highly desirable.
About WSP USA
WSP USA (formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff) is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender/ Minority/ Female/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.