The Safety Coordinator is responsible for obtaining a full understanding and working knowledge of OE-HES Policies and Procedures, ensuring all DPG Employees and subcontractor personnel adhere to them at all times. He/She will have a thorough understanding of the operations and hazards expected, controls to be used, DPG policies, and legal safety standards, which apply to the hazard. He/She will actively participate in group safety meetings and weekly toolbox talks and promote other means of communications with DPG Employees and subcontractors to ensure awareness of and compliance with site safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to multiple projects and ensure that workers are following established policies and safety regulations
- Conduct daily inspections of job sites and assist projects with suggestions and implementation of corrective actions
- Review Job Hazard Analysis, Fall Protection plans, Excavation Documentation, Confined Space forms, Lockout/Tagout paperwork etc
- Conduct All-Hands Safety meetings
- Identify safety training needs, develop course content, and deliver course training as needed and conduct safety related employee training in all areas of construction safety; both in-classroom and on-the-job settings
- Monitor and ensure project sites are in compliance with all state, federal, and company safety policies and procedures
- Assist project teams with incident and accident investigations and safety orientations
- Collaborate with subcontractor supervisors and safety professionals on job specific injury prevention measures
- Create and maintain a safe work culture
- Keep current with new safety regulations
- Have the knowledge to disseminate Incident Free Operations (IFO) expectations to the contractor workforce in the field, site inspections, and recordkeeping roles
- As required, maintain job site performance records, training, inspections, investigations, statistics, and other means to assess the level of implementation
- Ensure materials, tools and equipment deliveries are coordinated with the Purchasing Manager prior to job start up.
- Record rental equipment with start and stop dates on the daily log and job report.
- Handle all administrative aspects of projects including coordination of lease transactions (rental equipment), proposals, contracts, and vendor invoices
- Ensure materials, tools and equipment deliveries are coordinated with the Purchasing Manager prior to job start up
- Obtain and prepare permit drawing, applications and permits
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of safety experience in the field of construction
- Must have construction background
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate computer fluency with MS Office
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or verbal instructions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team orientated, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to support project teams and work with subcontractor personnel.
- Thorough knowledge of WISHA/OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of incident and accident investigations
- OSHA 30 Certification
- OSHA 500
- Certified CPR/First-Aid instructor
- Applied HES field experience in construction safety in commercial facility operations, building maintenance and capital improvement projects
- Proficient knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 regulations
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Performance of the duties of Safety and Health Officer will require the physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs and frequently walking on a variety of surfaces during varying weather conditions. Daily driving to multiple job sites is required; all drivers must be eligible to drive under the requirements of the Forma driving policy. Employee will occasionally be required to lift and or move up to 25 lbs
- Commercial Job Sites – New Construction or Remodels and Renovations
Great perks! Great Pay! Paid Holidays! Paid Vacation! Biannual Bonuses! Biannual Wage Reviews!
75% Employer Paid Health Insurance for Employees! Employer Retirement Plan Contributions!
Advancement Opportunities! Employer Sponsored Employee Career Development Opportunities!
Job Type: Full-time