We are a Committed, Connected, Community
Imagine Yourself Part of Our Dynamic Team.
POSITION: School Bus Driver . LOCATION: Sandy Springs, GA
- Our dynamic school seeks a bus driver to provide daily transportation on our state of the art, air conditioned bus to and from our Sandy Springs campus, including some off-campus field trips approximately once a week.
NOTE: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Conduct thorough pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the vehicle and its special equipment and submit required documentation to administration
- Perform light maintenance such as checking and adding fluids and fuel
- Exercise maximum regard for the safety and welfare of all transported students while operating a school bus
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process
- Keep the assigned bus clean and sanitary at all times
- Maintain a mechanically sound bus at all times
- Perform inspections of the bus before and after each route
- Communicate effectively and professionally with school staff and parents
- Maintain routes and schedules planned by the school system personnel
- Adhere to the attendance policy as dependability, punctuality and perfect attendance are essential for your daily bus driver responsibilities
- Obey all traffic laws
- Possess the physical and mental capability to operate all school buses within the fleet
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have a valid CDL license with Class P and/or School Bus Endorsement
- Have an excellent clean driving record
- A minimum of 2 years experience driving a school bus
- Minimum age 21
- High school diploma or GED
- Be able to correspond with staff and parents via text, WhatsApp and email regarding any daily changes
- Must be of good moral character
- Valid driver’s license for at least 5 years
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Meet the physical and mental standards necessary to perform the duties, tasks and responsibilities of a school bus driver as described in this job description (Verification by a physician’s examination is required, per DOT guidelines)
Apply today to become a part of our team!
We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance