Full-timeEstimated: $32,000 - $45,000 a year
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuous improvement
Full Job Description
The simple act of caring is heroic.
The Masonic Homes has opened a new 28 bed extended Assisted Living and Memory Care Unit. We are looking for CNAs to staff our RCFE Buildings.*
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and value high-quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety, and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring, and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent for our Assisted Living Community.
The Certified Nursing Assistant reports to the RCFE Manager.
- Performs skills required of a certified nursing assistant related to provision of basic ADL care, provision of nutrition and hydration, toileting program, incontinent care, vital signs, and other nursing care as needed. Adapts care giving to build on individual resident strengths and abilities.
- Actively supports the basic rights of residents
- Assists in resident self-administration of medication as needed. Documents medication administration.
- Completes all required documentation related to centrally stored medications, medication refills, etc
- Maintains an awareness of resident health. Informs appropriate staff of any incidents or changes in resident condition.
- Documents resident care, behavior and special needs as required by policy and procedure
- Applies clinical knowledge to validate and communicate instrument readings and provide nursing care to geriatric residents.
- Actively participates in department meetings and education programs.
- Maintains current CNA certificate and attends mandatory in-service training.
- Ensures safety of residents by maintaining a safe environment and using appropriate behavioral intervention techniques.
- Recognizes and respects the individual emotional, social, and cultural needs of residents including their religious beliefs
- Adapts care giving to build on individual resident strengths and abilities, using and modeling appropriate behavioral intervention techniques with residents
- Keeps alert to residents’ condition and reports changes in the residents’ attitudes, appearance, behavior, and physical ability the Nurse in charge.
- Performs selected nursing procedures that do not require professional evaluation as assigned and instructed by the Nurse in charge
- Practices conservation of equipment and supplies, keeping them clean and ready for use. Reports any equipment and supply needs to the Nurse in charge.
- Ensures that call lights/ alarms are within residents’ reach and promptly answers call signals. Anticipates residents’ needs and makes rounds routinely to assigned residents.
- Assists residents in their recreational activities, and as needed escorts residents throughout the facility. Assists in escorting residents to and from medical appointments as requested by the Pavilion Manager
- Assists with individual and small group activities, planned and spontaneous, that meet resident needs in the following areas: social, friendship, physical, intellectual, vocational, and spiritual
- Keeps written notes of specific assignments and records pertinent information about the residents. Enters all appropriate resident data in the medical record timely and accurately.
- Communicates and cooperates with co-workers, residents, and other facility employees. Establishes good working relationships with all departments. Practices good teamwork.
- Accountable for maintaining a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Accountable for following Masonic Homes safety policies.
- Conveys information in a concise, accurate, and understandable manner. Displays attentiveness, tact, and diplomacy in responding to others
- Actively participates in meetings and education programs
- Communicates and cooperates with co-workers and residents. Establishes good working relationships with all departments. Practices good teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the state of California.
- Effective January 2008 and in compliance with state regulation the RCFE Certified Nursing Assistant must complete medication assistance training and pass the competency exam with a minimum passing score of 85%.
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401k plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan – available to temporary hires
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement - $1,500 per year
Job Type: Full-time