We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Global Field Marketing Coordinator. This role will report to the Vice President of Global Media & Carrier Field Marketing & Customer Marketing. In this role, you will play a dual role: provide administrative support to three Marketing Executives as well as assist with various tasks associated with global marketing events.
This role will assist with marketing events and meetings, such as trade shows and customer related events. Responsibilities may also include coordinating logistics, tracking registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations, procuring and managing vendor services, facility, exhibit set-up, equipment and catering requirements. You may be asked to travel with the marketing team to provide onsite support.
This role will also provide administrative and clerical support to three Marketing Executives such as maintaining records of events and activities, initiating and tracking purchase orders and other marketing-project specific documentation, filing expense reports, and coordinating large group meetings. You will participate in project and management calls, track action items and disseminate notes.
Success for the Global Field Marketing Coordinator will be created through but not limited to:
- Working cross-functionally with the entire marketing organization – Field Marketing, Marketing Operations, Product & Industry Marketing, Global Campaigns and Programs, Corporate Marketing.
- Acting as central resource for the Global Web & Media Marketing team for coordination and dissemination of information of marketing meetings and activities.
- Embracing a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment with tight deadlines.
About the Team
The Global Web & Media Marketing team is responsible for building and executing upon the strategy for new customer acquisition and existing customer retention. Our focus is on building out solid strategies and developing plans to have maximum impact on pipeline and revenue growth.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, “start-up” environment and mange workload effectively.
- Strong marketing communications skills (written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate in a matrix environment.
- Experience in organizing and executing customer events.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
If yes, applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation & must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Akamai® is the leading content delivery network (CDN) providing cloud services that help deliver, optimize, and secure online content and business applications. At the foundation of Akamai solutions, the Akamai Intelligent Platform™ enables unmatched speed, reliability, and security–backed by expertise and relentless innovation–to improve reach and invisibility across the web. Akamai removes the complexities of connecting the increasingly mobile world, supporting 24/7 consumer demand, and enabling enterprises to more securely leverage the cloud. To learn how Akamai is accelerating the pace of innovation in a hyperconnected world, visit http://www.akamai.com, and follow @Akamaijobs on Twitter.