Simple Laboratories is looking for a Medical Laboratory Manager to handle different areas in the laboratory: Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Toxicology, Coagulation and Immunology/Serology. Successful candidates should feel comfortable working with specimens and can work in a fast-paced laboratory environment. This position requires a car as the manager will visit our offsite lab operations 25%-75% of the time. In addition, an ideal candidate can:
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis and reporting and maintaining records of patient test results
- Conduct chemical analysis of bodily fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automated analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance
- Perform a variety of routine and special laboratory procedures as authorized by the Lab Director including rotation through areas of the Clinical Lab: Hematology, Chemistry, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Immunology/Serology, Bacteriology, and Specimen Processing
- Operate laboratory equipment and instruments; record data and maintain equipment
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed
- Use universal safety precautions to protect self and co-workers from bio-hazardous materials, including blood-borne pathogens
- Responsible for supervising laboratory personnel, conducting and overseeing quality assurance and quality control, and collecting, analyzing, and interpreting lab results.
- Duties include managing workload and laboratory personnel, implementing new procedures, methods, and instruments, and ensuring all training, accreditation, and competency standards are met.
- Help organizes and directs the daily activities of the laboratory.
- Perform high quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other colleagues on all assignments
- MT, MLT degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Chemical, Biological, Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology program preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years laboratory manager experience in high complexity testing.
- A car is a must as the manager may be required to visit offsite lab operations 25%-50% of the time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be considered an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the people so classified.
Simple Laboratories provides laboratory diagnostic testing and related services in the Midwest of the United States. Certified by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments program (CLIA), Simple laboratories is a full-service, clinical laboratory offering a comprehensive test menu and wide-ranging services to support physician offices and surgical centers. The company specializes in routine testing services, including blood chemistry analyses, urinalyses, blood cell counts, thyroid tests, pap tests, HIV tests, and microbiology cultures and procedures.
We have a dedicated and passionate team of lab technicians, specimen processors, technology, sales and administrative staff throughout Illinois and Northwest Indiana and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who can make an impact on the organization. If you are looking to join a massive organization and hide, don't come here. Our employees work hard and want to make a difference in the world.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Laboratory Management: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off