The New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer is a mid-level role within our Outsourced Manufacturing organization. The NPI Engineer will work cross functionally with Hardware Design, Software Design and Mechanical development engineers, as well and colleagues form the quality and procurement organizations. Other major responsibilities include coordinating/leading efforts between Norcross engineering and contract manufactures to insure design for test and manufacturability, supply chain establishment, document control, process establishment, capacity assessment and implementation; with the end goal to insure manufacturing readiness and sustainability for products such as electronic circuit breakers, Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) and energy monitoring systems.
The role includes, new product introduction:
• Support design for manufacturability (DFM) reviews assuring that the task is done by electronic manufacturing services (EMS) and engineering has received the information to augment the design accordingly.
• Integral in finding second source or equivalent product components, materials and processes.
• Support the ECN to release of PCBAs and other product design related documentation in PLM tool (TeamCenter) and to the EMS factories.
• Review product UL, CSA and IEC reports/procedures for submission to these agencies for approval. While this is an engineering task, the person will learn and understand this process and tasks.
• Source “local” EMS providers to support engineering prototype and short-run production needs.
• Configuration Control establishment and maintenance. Ex: Configuration alignment of UL Procedure, BOM and EMS Doc Control Systems.
• Work with EMS providers by holding weekly reviews to resolve manufacturing issues and improve processes for higher quality and throughput.
• Manufacturing Readiness deliverables in compliance to PLM V3.1. (At times may fill the role of overall Project Management).
• Maintain configuration control of critical components and processes.
• Enforce change control level of authorities and approval flow
• Assess capacity via analysis provided by EMS to insure capacity for future needs
Owner of engineering change notice releases (ECN) to:
• Implement continuous process improvements
• Insure security of parts supply.
• Sustaining Engineering - Facilitate weekly production engineering meetings to assure continuous process and product improvement(s).
• Metrics monitoring
• Support finding necessary substitution parts
• Involved in process of making new parts (e.g. Current Transformers and Sensors)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with manufacturing experience
2. 5 years of experience in the electronic manufacturing industry
3. Manufacturing project management experience working across internal organizations and companies globally.
4. Working knowledge of the supply chain management (SCM) process
5. Electronic manufacturing service (EMS) business,
6. Manage early involvement of EMS in design process (DFM, DFR, …..)
7. Interfaces with EMS to resolve production and material issues.
8. Supplier sourcing and selection process
9. Component sourcing and procurement process,
10. Experience with insuring regulatory compliance at start-up and sustainability
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. PCB CAD design tools (Altium, PADs...), Strong knowledge of PCB design rules for DFM, IPC guide lines, SMT and Thru hole technology, component selections.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.