*TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW FOR OFFICE CLERK ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.2020CENSUS.GOV/JOBS
In order to be considered, all applicants MUST RESIDE in this area where this job is posted. You must live in this community to work in it.
Office clerks are responsible for greeting persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- File and maintain records.
- Office Clerks transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Analyze data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
- Office Clerks will provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Schedule space or equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour