Regular Full Time
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
In addition to functioning as a staff nurse, provides support to the Manager, Clinical Operations and serves as the clinical lead for clinic, infusion suite and any satellites. In absence of the Manager, Clinic Operations this position has oversight of clinical operations.
- Assists manager with assessing staffing needs.
- Identifies any potential staffing concerns and brings them to the attention of the manager.
- In collaboration with administrator, assures the smooth operation of the clinic and infusion suite, facilitating the creation and maintenance of a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Ensures drug inventory is maintained at appropriate levels.
- Meets with the administrator as needed to discuss clinical issues.
- Assists the administrator with reports as needed.
- Performs clinical duties as necessary, which includes but not limited to:
o Assists with the following daily clinical activity reports i.e. Cigna Pathways, Drug admin., Meaningful Use, Questionnaires, etc.
o Administers chemotherapy correctly as ordered by physician
o Documents in the EMR, services performed and medications given to the patients.
o Patient Educationo Telephone Triageo Refers patients to appropriate support services
o Assists physicians with procedureso Assists lab staff when necessary
o Reviews the patients EMR to ensure that all required data has been entered prior to patients appointment.o Provides support to chemotherapy prep tech
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Makes self readily available to nursing staff to discuss any issues or concerns.
- Adheres to practice guidelines and Policy and Procedures.
- Participates on committees when requested of him/her.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Strives to maintain a positive work environment for physicians and all staff.
- Assists the manager in the annual evaluation process of clinical staff
- Maintains a professional attitude toward other employees.
- Conducts his/herself in a professional manner at all times.
• Knowledge of nursing principles and practices.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of oncology practices and treatments.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art developments in cancer diagnosis and therapy.
- Skill in providing expertise about oncology to colleagues, allied health personnel and health care consumers.
- Skill in administering chemotherapy and other treatment therapies.
- Ability to empathize with patients and families and to deal with grief and difficult patient interactions.
- Ability to collaborate with health care team to make individualized treatment plan for each cancer patient.
- Ability to cope with death and dying.
• A Registered Nurse with at least 2 years oncology experience.
- Certification in Oncology Nursing is preferred (OCN).
- Strong organizational and communication skills are essential.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel to satellite clinics.