Azure Summit Technology is a mature, growing small business with locations in Melbourne, Florida, and Fairfax, Virginia, that develops and delivers high-performance RF hardware, firmware, and software products, and innovative, practical, multi-function RF systems solutions that address emerging missions of national importance for customers across the Department of Defense. We are a diverse team of highly qualified RF systems engineers and mission subject matter experts (SMEs) with backgrounds in electrical, mechanical, RF, hardware, software, firmware and systems engineering. We work together within a creative, innovative and highly collaborative culture to deliver cutting edge solutions for our customers. To do this, we hire people with a passion to succeed. We look for problem solvers. People who have unique perspectives and diverse experience.
Are you in?
Do you work well in a team environment and on your own as an individual contributor? Do you know how to set the bar high and achieve goals for yourself and bring others along with you? Do you work hard and play hard? Do you want to help the company succeed and build your skill set and further your career at the same time? Azure Summit Technology just might be the place for you.
What do we do?
Azure Summit Technology provides a wide range of multi-channel software defined radio products, innovative signal processing solutions and end-to-end payloads and systems for the full range of RF applications including EW, radar, communications and multi-mode operations. Systems can be tailored to meet a variety of requirements for bandwidth, dynamic range, number of channels, and computational resources. Supported platforms range from resource-constrained small UAVs and wearable devices to manned aircraft and submarines.
What will you do?
Azure Summit Technology is currently seeking a qualified, energetic leader to fill the position of Technical Program Manager. The selected candidate will lead the development, demonstration, and production of multi-channel software-defined radio solutions and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned aerial and maritime platforms. This position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, with frequent, overnight travel to Melbourne, Florida, and Baltimore, Maryland.
The successful applicant will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of geographically dispersed engineers and technologists. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team and will support program execution of advanced electronic systems for the DoD and other customers. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production, and full-rate production. This position will also require regular travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other customer facilities, in multiple locations across the United States.
- Overall responsibility for successful execution of technically complex programs that develop high-reliability RF hardware/software systems.
- Achievement of program technical objectives within proposed cost and schedule with high customer satisfaction
- Satisfaction of customer requirements with innovative, cost-effective, and reliable solutions that appropriately leverage advanced technologies and are suitable for future production in support of U.S. DoD Programs of Record
- Technical compliance in accordance with contract specifications
- Oversight and direction of subcontractors and suppliers
- Creation of project plans that includes the tasking, sub-tasking, work breakdown structure, and coordination of work required to address all program deliverables
- Utilization of effective strategies for communicating program priorities, task status, risks and issues, and proactive escalation and addressing of issues, within the program team, to corporate management, and to customers
- Support for business-wide financial and staff planning
- Collaboration with managers and other technical leads to support capture and relevant business development activities
- Implementation of system engineering processes within the program consistent with company standards
- US citizenship, due to nature of the work and contract requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience managing technically complex defense industrial programs with hard deliverables, including one or more of the following types of direct customer programs: Firm-Fixed Price production, RF sensor hardware/software system or subsystem prototype development, manned/unmanned aircraft RF payload development and integration, and/or DARPA advanced concept development
- Active SECRET clearance due to contract requirement
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable
- Experience managing Programs of Record for the DoD
- Experience managing programs that have high reliability requirements
- PMP or other project management certification
- Experience managing program execution in accordance with ISO-9001 certified quality management processes
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high customer satisfaction within cost and schedule on complex CPFF development and FFP production programs with hard deliverables
- Strong customer focus, ability to lead a team, and establish strong, collaborative working relationships with government customers, technical staff, senior managers and peers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, consistent attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Project for cost, schedule, technical and resource management
- Experience using Deltek CostPoint
- Ability to contribute to the successful capture of competitive Navy, Air Force, Army, DARPA, and other procurements
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Azure Summit Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Azure Summit Technology is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request accommodation, contact Julia Bergeman, 571-308-1408, email@example.com.