We are seeking a hardworking Digital Analytics Engineer with an obsession for data, to join our fast-paced Sinclair Digital organization. At Sinclair Digital, data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether its related to product design, measuring new feature effectiveness, or helping our internal teams increase observability. Data can give us keen insights on how we can improve our services for our teams, users, and partners. The ideal candidate will be customer focused with empathy, have a passion to effectively problem solving, showcase strong software development skills and understand modern approaches to data and analytics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Help collaborate, implement and manage our Digital Analytics capabilities
- Develop and oversee implementation of Google Tag Manager
- The Web Analytics Specialist role will be interacting with key business stakeholders to clarify business requirements and ensure right tagging and analytics strategy is in place
- Collaborate closely with other team members to interpret data and answer business questions
- Conduct in-depth analyses on specific areas of interest
- Responsible for debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting data solutions and dashboards
- Responsible for thorough and rigorous testing and validation of data
- 5+ years of experience in Digital / Web Analytics
- Experience with JQuery, HTML, DOM, customer variables
- Experience with web technologies and frameworks
- A strong background in Google Analytics (GA) and Google Tag Manger (GTM)
- Build visualizations that explain complex concepts in clear, concise and decision-impacting stories
- Experience with data requirements gathering
- Experience evaluating data collection for accuracy
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience scripting in Python or other scripting language
- An ability to pull data from a variety of sources; typical sources include telemetry data from internal products, 3rd party APIs, SQL-based data warehouses and spreadsheets
- Well-versed using data visualization tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Looker, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.