This role will work on a tier 2 support team for all store hardware and software systems. This requires an understanding of hardware design and interfaces including POS components and networking technologies.
This will be morning shift of Monday-Friday and they will be able to report in anytime from 5-8AM (TBD). There will be no weekend or on call work.
1-3 years of experience in technical support in a fast paced environment.
IT Specialized Skills:
Linux, Windows, SQL
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
Day to Day:
- Knowledge of retail business processes
- Ability to write and execute SQL queries (This is a must)
- Experience with basic network troubleshooting (This is a must)
- Experience with basic Linux system administration (This is a must)
- Experience with basic Windows 7 administration
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: Service Now, Putty, RDP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate customer focus and ability to handle conflict positively
- Problem solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions
1. Provide Tier 2 Technical Support for Store Systems
2. Maintains timely communication with customers on work progress
3. Monitors and resolves proactive application alerts to improve store uptime
4. Make decisions to send replacement hardware and/or technicians to stores for issue
5. Perform configuration updates to store devices
6. Create support documentation for Tier 1 team to assist with first call resolution
7. Triage deployment and environment issues
8. Make recommendations on opportunities for process improvements