SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Move freight, stock, or other materials and perform other general labor tasks.
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
- Supply manufacturing and assembly with components, maintain proper accountability of stockroom additions and deletions, prepare all products for shipment per specification, and receive incoming materials.
- Responsible for identification and receipt of incoming raw stock, materials, supplies and equipment.
- Pull stock as required and maintain records of receipt, issuance, and return by paper copy or electronic means.
- Direct selection and distribution of materials to manufacturing areas.
- Verify packing slips on received material for proper information and maintain an accurate receiving report file.
- Package and prepare shipments for damage-free transit
- Schedule 3rd party trucks and prepare proper shipping documents
- Take inventories and cycle counts as directed.
- Work from shipping and receiving documents to establish requirements, determine container configuration, verify receipt information and determine appropriate handling. Verify quantity, item number, order number, and serial number, etc. in accordance with all functional documents.
- Responsible for the quality of pack, various markings and identifications, maintaining inventory status accuracy and efficiency in the above job functions, thereby effecting Company performance against customer delivery requirements.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent. No experience required
Basic Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in customer/supplier relations
- Able to handle multiple assignments under extreme time constraints and high stress conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Must have strong work ethic, sense of urgency and a high energy level
- Self-starter: bias for action, results oriented
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends to meet business needs
- Ability to work with a diversified work force
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to operate forklifts while maintaining efficiency and safety
- Basic computer skills required
- Working knowledge of components used in manufacturing and end assemblies
- Must be able to maintain proper accountability of stockroom additions, deletions and transfers
- Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time